Factory Built LS with a 4.6, manual, and big brakes..

blwnbyu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
12260968554_a09f059ffc_b.jpg

DSC00097_zps0662830a by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12260531115_72fec7c2be_b.png

DSC00098_zpsd757dbd0 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12260968434_c36de7054c_b.jpg

DSC00100_zps4a923a25 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12260993894_28c2c10e93_b.jpg

DSC00111_zps727a29d6 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12260993944_629a63bd68_b.jpg

DSC00108_zpsdf48848c by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12261141496_741680ca61_b.jpg

DSC00103_zpsafb0c630 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

12260557315_0c52c190d0_b.jpg

DSC00099_zps6dec5b31 by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

well seeing how a factory is designed to build thousands of the same car (or with a few different options), there is no way that LS rolled off the factory line like that...

not saying that it couldn't be some type of prototype car from out of dearborn, but i wouldn't call that factory built, since only final production cars roll off the line.

So the 4.6 could've fit. Wonder why it never went any further than this. Also amazed this still exists and never made it to the scrapper.

So the 4.6 could've fit. Wonder why it never went any further than this. Also amazed this still exists and never made it to the scrapper.

This is a very old pic.. It fit, but looks like they had to make alot of compromises, especially to the intake.

Damn

Very tight fit. Probably could never be installed from underneath making it impossible for production. Sure hope it's still around.

Looks like stock calipers, just larger rotors.

Looks like stock calipers, just larger rotors.

Thats what I thought too.. I'd love to get my hands on that design. I don't really need more caliper, but I'd sure love to have larger rotors.

Oh well. I'm buying a new AWD Fusion Titanium in a few months.

this is incredible.
looks like a 2nd gen mark viii motor.
it has COPs and cable operated IMRCs with a custom intake. which makes sense because the 2nd gen intake was kinda tall.

those brakes look great. same idea as my rear brakes. i just moved the caliper farther out and adjust for the offset for the new rotor with spacers and some plate steel. fairly simple process.

also, the 4.6 has been installed numerous times into an LS, both the DOHC and SOHC varieties.
i've always heard that Ford wanted to use the 4.6 in the LS, but its too wide to load from the bottom. this lends some legitimacy to those ideas.

where did these pictures come from? i too am surprised this car wasn't crushed.

this is incredible.
looks like a 2nd gen mark viii motor.
it has COPs and cable operated IMRCs with a custom intake. which makes sense because the 2nd gen intake was kinda tall.

those brakes look great. same idea as my rear brakes. i just moved the caliper farther out and adjust for the offset for the new rotor with spacers and some plate steel. fairly simple process.

also, the 4.6 has been installed numerous times into an LS, both the DOHC and SOHC varieties.
i've always heard that Ford wanted to use the 4.6 in the LS, but its too wide to load from the bottom. this lends some legitimacy to those ideas.

where did these pictures come from? i too am surprised this car wasn't crushed.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=992719

Not a factory car at all. Manufacturer plates does not indicate a factory built car.

Yes, the engine will fit. It just won't fit from the bottom; which is required on the assembly line. The One Lap of America LS had a blown 4.6L installed. Besides the electrical problems, they spent the whole event trying to keep the engine from overheating.

The calipers look stock; just drilled rotors.

That looks like someone's one-off.

Not a factory car at all. Manufacturer plates does not indicate a factory built car.

Yes, the engine will fit. It just won't fit from the bottom; which is required on the assembly line. The One Lap of America LS had a blown 4.6L installed. Besides the electrical problems, they spent the whole event trying to keep the engine from overheating.

You could be right, but I did a Google search earlier and read that there were a few ls 4.6 prototypes from factory. This certainly doesn't look like your ordinary everyday build. Especially being as old as these pics are. I'd say only the manufacturer could do that, or afford to do that at the time.

I pmd the guy that took the pics. I think you are wrong and I believe it's a factory car. Look at the intake. No one else is going to go thru that sort of trouble to fit the intake under the hood, among other things I see in the engine compartment to make me believe its factory. Pics were also taken in Michigan

This is someone's toy.

There doesn't appear to be anything special about that intake, looks like one big rubber tube actually. Any hope of claiming this as factory was ruined by the completely unmatching shift knob.

This is someone's toy.

There doesn't appear to be anything special about that intake, looks like one big rubber tube actually. Any hope of claiming this as factory was ruined by the completely unmatching shift knob.

You're wrong. I was also talking about the intake MANIFOLD.. not the inlet tube.. Back in 2001, there were NO aftermarket intakes for a 4.6.. The intake manifold on that car is one of a kind, and I guarantee you some little shop didn't make it and it's not someone's toy...

Been to the factory. Trust me. NO LSes were produced at Wixom with a 4.6.

Maybe, I just notice stupid things, but if you look closely at the shifter pattern, the top row is 1, 3, R. Bottom row is 2,4,5 it's not the usual H pattern?

Ford did build one or two 4.6 manual LS's, but not at Wixom, it was done somewhere where they build prototypes and things of that nature. It was probably done at Roush.

Maybe, I just notice stupid things, but if you look closely at the shifter pattern, the top row is 1, 3, R. Bottom row is 2,4,5 it's not the usual H pattern?

It's a T-56... 6 Speed, hence reverse up and to the right..

I had also heard somewhere the LSE was supposedly to be supercharged. Though I have no credible sources. Or sources for that matter.

Members online

Back