Official LS Picture Thread

i agree with upstairs chris, i had 5% on the rear of my charger and I couldnt see out of it at night , only benefit from it was it kept the rear seats cooler in the summer

photo.jpg

I don't see how they don't get caught . I got a warning for my 20% one time I was in Virginia, however that was my impala. The officer thought I was undercover until he seen my h.I.d lights. I haven't put any tint on my ls yet but I'm doing 30 all around (except windshield of course).

I don't get you guys. I got 20% on mine and it's plenty dark, I can't see how these 2-5% give more benefit then trouble.

I guess it all depends on the film because I am the same way. I want to be able to see out night. A buddy of mine has his at @ least 5 and you can see out as if there is no film at all.

I know most people that have 5% do get warnings and eventually tickets but they could care less, cops dont really care about it unless you are driving recklessly or have hids that are blinding ( anything that calls attention out to you)

I got ticketed for my windows being too dark as well. But he gave me that instead of a speeding ticket. NY is 70% front and back side windows and the rear window can be as dark as you want as long as you have both side mirrors.

I have 20% on one car and 5% on the other. Makes a world of difference. You can CLEARLY see into a car with 20%, 5% you cannot. Helps hide that I have over 1500 in GPS, Sound, etc. equipment in the car. That is my reason for it and well worth any 45$ ticket I'd ever receive.

Its $54 Jjcool, and I share you're sentiment. Thats why i have 5% as well.

Need to get some on my Camry so no one can see me driving it lol

Some people just don't understand the trouble with living in the hood :)

Hahaha u be proud to pimp that camry!

Well, it got through 8 inches of snow this weekend like a champ. Really expected to get stranded somewhere, but the Continental DWS are solid tires.

20131216_162627.jpg

20131216_162627.jpg

Some people just don't understand the trouble with living in the hood :)

Hahaha u be proud to pimp that camry!

That's why I want to go darker. Going in and out of Washington dc is no joke lol, especially where my cousins stay. I have to look out the window every 10 mins to make sure my car is still outside and my Windows aren't busted smh.

Well, it got through 8 inches of snow this weekend like a champ. Really expected to get stranded somewhere, but the Continental DWS are solid tires.

Wow, 8 inches?! I'm using DWS right now. I don't like the tread pattern, but they last and generally are very good tires year round.

Wow, 8 inches?! I'm using DWS right now. I don't like the tread pattern, but they last and generally are very good tires year round.

I'm pretty satisfied. Nowhere near snow tires though, and if you're wondering what my drive home tonight looked like..
20131216_235422.jpg

20131216_235422.jpg

Please don't flame me but this Is my first Lincoln Ever owned.. Only had her for about three weeks. Looking for Ideas to improve her. Thinking about keeping the paint because I love blue. I Like the way the LSE tails are all red but I want something different. As far as wheels really not into big rims. The one on her currently 17in stocks that came with the car. 20s would prob be the biggest I would go.. ANY IDEAS WELCOME.

View attachment 828464142

Those are standard tails on your ls. All 1st gen LS's (00-02) had the same taillights. Only the 2nd gen LSE had different taillights. There was an aftermarket twotone 1st gen taillight, both those are extremely rare.

NOW, you can swap the tails from a 2nd gen to a 1st, but will also need to change the trunklid and rear bumper.

Those are standard tails on your ls. All 1st gen LS's (00-02) had the same taillights. Only the 2nd gen LSE had different taillights. There was an aftermarket twotone 1st gen taillight, both those are extremely rare.

NOW, you can swap the tails from a 2nd gen to a 1st, but will also need to change the trunklid and rear bumper.

The two-tone lights weren't aftermarket. They were standard for the Japanese (and probably European, I don't remember) market. The reason they are so hard to acquire is because the LS was never sold in Europe and very, very few went to Japan.

IIRC LSK had a company that was making them for the US market... according to Ken.

I like the look but the rims not so much.. I think I want to go with 2% Tint also

I have 5 percent on the front doors & 1 percent on the back door/ rear window. I have 5 percent with 20 percent layered over it to get 1 percent. Cannot see in or out. Might well painted over the windows.

Members online

No members online now.
Back