DLF's Car on Ebay

I agree with Mike, its in a nice car but if there is one thing I have learned from the mustang world is people don't pay for mods. I think 8,000 is a very good offer.

I agree. I offered less than that. I see were Warden offered 9K. I would have took it. I wish her the best and the most.

No one said 2,000 specifically. Just a figure pulled out of two numbers in this thread.

To me, the car is worth no more than 7,500-8,000.

Nothing special in engine work, other than Doug's attention to detail (which was in a league of few members), nothing special in the trans..... Which leaves the delrin bushings, and SFCs. He spent countless hours tuning it which counts for something I guess.

I just can NOT see 10K for the car. I need enlightened I suppose.

Aside from it having a Cobra intake that can vary in price depending on where you find it? You have the Kooks headers and a 4" Aftermarket DS, aftermarket Sway Bars, Brembo Brakes to name a few. Not to mention it was all installed a bit beyond correctly.

Yes some people don't care but I see it being worth more. Plus you can use Paypal to pay, then pay it off quick if you don't have the quick cash right away.

Anyway that is how I'm looking at it. Some look at it as a Mark VIII, I look at it as The Mark VIII as I really wouldn't need to really mod it.

I think this car is a $10k car all day long to one of us. It has pretty much every concievable "bolt on" modification done to it that most of us would like to have done to our own cars if we had the time and money to do it. We all know what the cost of these parts are and know how fast the $$ adds up and this car has it all and is complete and put together well. Its nearly impossible to do all of what's done to doug's car for under what it will sell for (most likely). I understand that people want to modify it to their taste but cosmetics like wheels and tires, interior color etc. can be changed relatively easily, and even still this car is a very solid base to start with if you wanted to make it even more wild. Now if your goal is to find a mark viii for a project build then obviously this car isn't for you.

That's a dealer and the wheels are on backwards, most dealers are 2-3K overpriced. It is a nice car and I can appreciate the attention to detail but.....when you can get a Mustang with 20k in mods for less the 12k it's hard to pay more than 8k for a 15 year old Lincoln (from a normal car guy’s point of view) with a few mods.

The only people who would pay more are on this board and know the history. Unfortunately most Mark VIII people are broke (well at least I am).

Only thing we do at the Dealership is ask high and let the buyer knock the price down to what was originally wanted for it. That way the buyer feels good for making a deal and the dealership still gets what it wants.

On DLF's car however I cannot comment.

CL I almost always list it at a third more than I wanted for it cause I know people are gonna try to Low Ball

almost $7500...see what next 3 days bring

id pay that if my pockets were deeper, clean examples of mark viiis are a rare find, and one with some tasteful and high quality installed mods would be a bonus...strap a centri blower on it and have a awesome street car that you can take anywhere, all it needs is some saleens

strap a centri blower on it and have a awesome street car that you can take anywhere, all it needs is some saleens

I have that on my Toreador Red 97 already. My pipe dream is to have that car parked in the garage next to my 97 and have 2 awesome matching cars but it's never going to happen. Whoever owns that car next is going to have a masterpiece and one hell of a quick street car. Maybe the next owner can get it into the 12s. I know that car has it in it, Doug just ran out of time. :(

I don't think it sold. Said reserve not met. That was me that pushed it up there. I happen to have 7500 as we speak.

Well, maybe this will give her a better idea of what a reasonable offer would be. Hopefully there is still someone out there willing to give her $8000+. Maybe someone who knew what the reserve was, so they didn't bother bidding.

So, are you buying it Warden??

I do not think this car is in my future. If the reserve wasn't so high, i'd probably have it for 7525 and go grab it this weekend. But the whole attempt to get this car has been telling me this is not the car for me. Started at 8, went to 9, stopped at 7525. Too funny. I wish Donna the best.

Does anyone know if this car is still for sale?
I would like to go look at it, I am in New Jersey

I sent a message to the seller but I don't know if she will see it

Members online

Back