What did you do to your LS today?

Suspension parts

00 LS Sport, 90k miles, wife's. Did all links last month. Trunk now full of new upper lower ball joints with arms, front rotors, front rear brakes, front/rear struts, will install all this week. Replaced center console with V8 type Gen 1. Gen 1 V6 console has worthless cup holder. Purchased new Gen 1 chrome wheels, normally on V8 vehicles. Should be in this week. Need center caps any available? Front end alignment should complete all. Need to get wife out of my Volvo C70 coupe!

Radio

Wife's 00 V6 Sport has basic radio/cassett. I can get THX type CD original radio with CD, Gen 1 & above vent piece. Will it plug & play? Wiring harness will adapt? Thanks.

well, I got a new tire ($178). cleaned the trunk, charged the battery, manually rotated all the tires, spent $160 to register it....and the damn thing overheated, cut power, and coolant shot out from the top of the engine like a volcano. Hows that for gratitude

00 LS Sport, 90k miles, wife's. Did all links last month. Trunk now full of new upper lower ball joints with arms, front rotors, front rear brakes, front/rear struts, will install all this week. Replaced center console with V8 type Gen 1. Gen 1 V6 console has worthless cup holder. Purchased new Gen 1 chrome wheels, normally on V8 vehicles. Should be in this week. Need center caps any available? Front end alignment should complete all. Need to get wife out of my Volvo C70 coupe!

No difference between V8 & V6 consoles.....

V6 consoles, Gen 1 have flip over cup holders @ the 3 Linc dealers in my area in 2000. V8 vehicles had 2 cup holders recessed into console. LS4me little education for you!

V6 consoles, Gen 1 have flip over cup holders @ the 3 Linc dealers in my area in 2000. V8 vehicles had 2 cup holders recessed into console. LS4me little education for you!

You may have identified the wrong correlation. My understanding is that there were two gen I consoles, early gen I and later gen I. I thought that the first V8s had the bad console too.

I have a 2000 v8 (stock) with the ninja (flip up) cup holders. my understanding is 2000 had flip up, 2001 and 02 had two recessed

Got the Magnaflow cats on... biggest performance upgrade I've noticed. Probably due to my cats being so bad.. I hit the gas and the car flies. Before there was a slight delay... like a turbo lag without the turbo.

Got the Magnaflow cats on... biggest performance upgrade I've noticed. Probably due to my cats being so bad.. I hit the gas and the car flies. Before there was a slight delay... like a turbo lag without the turbo.

Which ones did you get?

Which ones did you get?

The magnaflow direct bolt on ones off ebay. The seller had them up (still has them up btw) for 452, I offered 375 and he accepted. For both, with free shipping. I've been getting intermittent cat codes and have had bad cats for a while, it was long overdue.

You're the mistaken one. ALL 2000 LS had, STOCK, the flip cup holder. The top was/is easily swapped for the better designed 2001-2002 cup holder. I did it on "our" 2000. The console top swap was a VERY popular modification!

You're the mistaken one. ALL 2000 LS had, STOCK, the flip cup holder. The top was/is easily swapped for the better designed 2001-2002 cup holder. I did it on "our" 2000. The console top swap was a VERY popular modification!

I did it, too. Best thing i ever did to the car.

The magnaflow direct bolt on ones off ebay. The seller had them up (still has them up btw) for 452, I offered 375 and he accepted. For both, with free shipping. I've been getting intermittent cat codes and have had bad cats for a while, it was long overdue.

I got a full magnaflow catback system on the way right now. At high rpm like 5k and above I get that ticking noise coming from one of my cats. No CEL's yet or anything and the mileage is still good. So I guess I wont replace them yet, but it's on my mind.

Interesting that it's only above 5k rpm. My symptoms started like this (from what I can recall) - sluggish, replaced coils and plugs, still sluggish thought hey, that must be somewhat normal. By sluggish I mean a delayed reaction from when I applied the gas to when the car accelerated. One day was driving and the car started rattling. Knew it was the cat from the research I've done here. Couldn't afford the $1,200 per OEM cat (who can?) so I looked at alternative options. Kept driving it, the noise got louder and louder to the point where it was obnoxious, then all of a sudden one day it stopped? Drove it like that for a couple of months then got the P0420, cat code, but it would only present itself when I had the A/C on, maybe because with the A/C on you're burning more gas? IDK!? So I ordered the parts two weeks ago and finally had the time to get them on. Now as soon as I hit the gas it responds. I also used to feel a very slight shake from the engine with the A/C on, that's gone too. The only downsides? $$$$ and it made my exhaust a tad bit quieter. (I know I know most people report the opposite, maybe they need to be broken in tho).

If you're ever interested let me know I'll get you the ebay info for the guy selling em (he had over 10 available last I checked).

I am assuming here so bear with me... but I believe the universals are not a direct bolt on fit, therefore they would require two welds (per cat) instead of one. You can check around with your local exhaust shops to see what the price difference would be.

Finished installing LEDs (license plate/tag lights) and finalized my order for inner & outer tie rods, rear links, and hardware.

Installing my new sub 0_0 hot hot

uploadfromtaptalk1375924805968.jpg

Installing my new sub 0_0 hot hot

What is it?

Washed my car to go cruising with some buddies again tomorrow. Painted sub grille and installed. Picked up my folding mirrors for paint. Think I did pretty well getting them for a total of $175.

Sand blasted, primed and painted the old stock front sway bar bushing brackets.
Ordering the Jaguar Sway Bar Mount - Rein XR819697 30mm bushings
from FCPeuro and swapping out the Energy Suspension bushings at a later time.

20130808_223004.jpg

Thanks Hite!

20130808_223004.jpg

You may be correct, we just looked at the V8 vehicles on 4 July 2000 and noticed the different consoles @ the dealerships matched with the engine installed. None of the V8 LSs had the flip cup holders for those vehicles we looked at. So I thought that was one of the interior differences. Seems to be an incorrect correlation.

What is it?

Washed my car to go cruising with some buddies again tomorrow. Painted sub grille and installed. Picked up my folding mirrors for paint. Think I did pretty well getting them for a total of $175.

12" Alpine Type X best sub i ever had, is so loud.

Members online

Back