LED lights install

Here's the pics as mentioned. Really happy with the result!!

image-3270598808.jpg
Here it is complete

image-3894378869.jpg
And the turn signals as well.

10 bulbs total so far, one for fuel gauge, 3 for speedometer, 3 for tachometer, one in each signal and one for temp gauge.

Need 7 more for the warning lights(ABS, ebrake, t/c, etc) in the instrument cluster and 8 more to do warning lights for info center(again t/c, abs, airbag,etc) thanks for checking in.

Got bulbs for puddle lights in today so will be trying to get these in tomorrow. Will post later!

image-3270598808.jpg

image-3894378869.jpg

These were installed about 6 years ago when my gen1 competed in stereo soundoffs. Things were moved around a bit to accomodate a center channel speaker pod.
image.jpg

Here are some of my LED installations....

image.jpg
Relocated Info center buttons backlit by blue LEDs

image.jpg
Center console light show upon startup. EATC buttons and Shifter Position received the white LED treatment. Because the factory silkscreening was done in blue so they shows up blue. Red LEDs are the Oil and Brake Status Indicators.

image.jpg
Flashing blue LED ring around the cig lighter is the Alarm Indicator.

image.jpg
On drive, a blue glow is cast in the cockpit area accented by the blue LED Info center switches from above and the subdued blue ring surrounding the cig lighter stays constant.

image.jpg
The doors got the SEM LED bulbs. These are the perfect brightness once the lenticular diffusers are in place.

image.jpg
25 LED SEM bulbs, 5000K

image.jpg
Looking at the passenger side door lights.

These upgrades were done six years ago. I would have thought these mods would be all too common by now.:shifty:;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I got my puddle lights in so here's the install and day time pics. Will post night pics tonight

image-1446910441.jpg
image-434109981.jpg
Remove mirror glass

image-3865316975.jpg
image-416514432.jpg
Removed outer plastic bracket

image-3633741317.jpg
Little clip to pull out the light housing

image-416514432.jpg
image-1644806272.jpg
Removed bulb from housing

image-3579592992.jpg
Original bulb and new led bulb.

image-3480394020.jpg
Installed bulb and put everything back together. Here's the completed product in day light. As I said I'll post night pictures tonight. More to come soon!!

image-3865316975.jpg

image-3633741317.jpg

image-416514432.jpg

image-1644806272.jpg

image-3579592992.jpg

image-1446910441.jpg

image-434109981.jpg

image-3480394020.jpg

i need to mod a set of those mirrors onto a gen one so i can have a light to put an led in too :) try and get a picture the darkest part of the area. im curious how it looks on the ground

How the heck do you get inside the outside mirror to change those puddle lights? I always wondered about that?

How the heck do you get I side the outside mirror to change those puddle lights? I always wondered about that?

Mirror pops right off then the puddle light has a little clip holding it on, pull up this clip and slide the light housing out and tada there you go

What do you mean "pops off"? can you explain what you do to get it off, and any tools requiored to do the job. Thanks!

What do you mean "pops off"? can you explain what you do to get it off, and any tools requiored to do the job. Thanks!

Honestly to get the mirror glass off I used my fingers and either side and pulled. It is surprisingly easy to get off it just clips on the the power mirror motor lol and even the light bulb housing I pulled the clip up with my one finger and slid the housing out with my other hand. But that I did after taking the plastic bracket piece off, which I needed a torxes bit to remove the 5-6 screws prior to removing the lightbulb housing. Any other questions ill gladly answer :)

I guess i don't understand how it stays connected to the motor. is there a clip? is it suction? adhesive?

Found a set of blue #194 (I think) LED's that I bought a long time ago and will be putting them in the message center on the '95 today when I get home from work. Then I'll be putting the #3357 LED's from the '97 tail lights into the '95. She's slowly on the road to becomming incandescent free :)

Really wish I could change the lights in the screen section of the message center to match my dash. Would like ALL my lights to match. Whole center console and all!!

use a filter. thats what the trick is i believe i have one im going to install here in the next few days but i think i might of gotten the wrong filter. if it works out ill take a picture and explain what i did.

If the film is green, you can remove it with thinner and then add headlight color tint film in your choice of color.it's available on eBay for cheap

If the film is green, you can remove it with thinner and then add headlight color tint film in your choice of color.it's available on eBay for cheap

sadly the message display is hard colored green in the pcb/lcd style display. only way to change that is either get a new display made or film

i just did my message center today, i had to sand the blue filter off with 3000 grit and some very carefully placed water. but its a extremly bright green now, that with a red filter over, looks nice and red.

i just did my message center today, i had to sand the blue filter off with 3000 grit and some very carefully placed water. but its a extremly bright green now, that with a red filter over, looks nice and red.

pics please. do not think ive seen a red message center in a mark viii before

Bought some blue filter film to do my message center display screen. Will post step by step when that comes.

Still waiting on bulbs to do my interior lights.

Have been looking at playing with the strange little bulbs in a few places (the wording for the buttons on the message center, the temperature control center and a few others for example). Have heard you need to solder a new blue led on the board but was curious if there is another way so as to avoid soldering? Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed and if anyone has done this would really like to see. Hopefully have all blue to match my dash.
Thanks!

image-1121414725.jpg
These are the little lights I'm talking about

image-1121414725.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back