Its been a great run guys but Im jumping ship

Lol.

Why a rotary?

Even more complicated than the LS. Should have got a 2005 STR.

rotaryengine.jpg

Nothing wrong with the RX8 other than they are too small for me. If they were a foot longer in the cabin I'd have a hard time not buying one. The rotary engine will likely disappear after the current RX8 is no longer made as they can't make them clean enough or fuel efficient enough to pass the new federal laws unless they make some sort of design breakthrough. If they keep making the RX8 at all I imagine they'll start using that new Boxer engine they are putting in the BRZ, perhaps bored out and turbocharged.

Credit to the guy that designed it though !

I mean, this guy would have been thinking out side the box,
convincing himself he was going to come up with something that is/was completely different.

Although, not too sure if Doritos were invented at the time.

Yep, I no dingie the rotary, it is an amazing bit of engineering. All that power out of an engine not much larger than a Mr Coffee, with no theoretical maximum RPM.

I will post pics tommorrow. The car is very nice runs great and is a blast to drive!

Nothing wrong with that, looks good. Nice color to!

Cool...do I see some aftermarket stuff on it?

Why yes you do! The obvious would be the MSM Wheels with brand new BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires. Aftermarket exhaust and a full K&N Cold air intake. This car is amazing so far. Very quick and very tight. I love the 6-speed manual also....

I've known several owners of these... just drove a newer one during that last snow storm... They all love driving them, one dumped because of the space, (tough to fit a full set of clubs in :D)... tons of cool stuff you can do though., oh, that full intake requires front clip removal, Im down to help when your ready

He can hand you a wrench very well!

Very nice ride reaper, can't wait to see it in person.

Hey, I hand with the best of them! (that sounds wrong)..

+1 on seeing it.... you can get some sick exhaust notes out of those things...

Bitchin ride! I use to rally an RX7 on Ortega Hwy in Southern Calif., back in the day! Mazda has killed the RX8 in their long range plans, 2014 I think. Custom parts are available all over for every penny you can find. Make sure you feel the car out in all conditions before you take it to its limits. The bitch will wine like no other, almost as much fun as a threesome!

bigrig_approved02.gif Man, I'd give up my left nut for a day of rally racing.

bigrig_approved02.gif

Bitchin ride! I use to rally an RX7 on Ortega Hwy in Southern Calif., back in the day! Mazda has killed the RX8 in their long range plans, 2014 I think. Custom parts are available all over for every penny you can find. Make sure you feel the car out in all conditions before you take it to its limits. The bitch will wine like no other, almost as much fun as a threesome!

Thanks man it is a ride like no other! I feel like I'm driving a super car! This car loves the rpm's it just wants more and more and the exhaust note is almost sex. Just like the Ls I have plans for the rx8. If you guys want the updates ill post here as well rx8club.com. I'm reaper76 there as well. I am truly going to love this car for its goods and bads!

Pic Updates

So folks it has been a few months and the RX8 has come a long way in new mods!!!!!!!

Here is a list:

1.Sound system
I have upgraded this part extensively. I have installed a Metra double din kit with an Avic-X940bt with a 1000 watt JL audio amp and two 12 inch JL subs(pictured are my old kickers). Also put a pioneer back up camera on the car. I also have installed the PAC module for the steering wheel controls.

2. Interior
I have installed Red LED Lighting at the base of all of the seats in the car to give it a warm glow at night. Next mod is going to be an android tablet that flips out of the top center of the dash. I will post pics as I will have it installed this week!!!!.

3.Exterior
I have dropped the car with Tein H-Tech lowering springs. I have also installed brand new 18x10 inch Einkei RPF1 wheels wrapped in 275/35-18 Nitto 555's! The car is low and wide I love it.

Engine
Here I purchased and installed a K&N Typhoon air intake kit. This made a huge difference in sound and performance. Also have a racing beat axle back exhaust!

Im probably missing something But here are some pics!

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 030.jpg

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 059.jpg

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 076.jpg

Picture 078.jpg

Picture 080.jpg

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 083.jpg

Nice work. Looks great. Hows the Audi? Any pictures to post yet?

I dont think there is one

This is true no audi! Between the time I was going to go buy it and pick it up I came accross the RX8. I test drove the RX8 took it to a dealer for a compression check and bought it that day after everything checked out. Ive been modding it ever since!

I missed that. Like the RX8.

Thanks! I get my new exhaust installed on friday which is pretty exciting for me. I have been able to move much faster on mods for the mazda than I was for the LS mostly because the aftermarket is much cheaper and way more plentyfull!

Thanks! I get my new exhaust installed on friday which is pretty exciting for me. I have been able to move much faster on mods for the mazda than I was for the LS mostly because the aftermarket is much cheaper and way more plentyfull!

Been a month or so!Here is updated pics and list of mods lots of pics!!!!!!!!

Rx8 mods
Exterior:
Lowered w/tien h tech springs
Black Einke rpf1 wheels 18x9.5
Nitto 555's 275/35-18
Red rim guards
Carbon fiber pillars
Carbon fiber eyelids
Custom plate
Gt appearance kit

Engine:
K&N Typhoon air intake kit
Racing beat dual exhaust
Vis racing coolant cap
Comming soon (cobb programer)

Interior:
black w/ white stitching Leather shift boot
Red underseat lighting
Custom console switches
Dual 52mm vent gauge pod
Glow shift blackk series 7 color volt and clock (for now)

Electronics:
Pioneer aviv-x850bt w/iPhone 5
Dash command on pioneer
Pioneer nav and bt
Wi-if obd II interface
Stinger custom comp volt gauge red
Back up camera
2-12 inch alpine type r's
Custom flush mount sub box
1200 watt jl audio mono amp
2 farad digital cap
Integrated radar detector

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

Very nice. I've always liked those cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back