Check air ride - cut wires/unplug

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive converted to coils, unplugged the black connector @ the passengers side kick panel. Ive read a few post saying its better to leave it plugged in and to cut the dark and light green air ride wires. There is 3 wires of that color in the black plug. Should i cut them all? Arethey all part of the air ride.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for that harness?

The wire your looking for to defeat the check suspension message is the Dark Green with a Light Green stripe(tracer) located in the gray connector. It is pin #12, circuit 419, on the back row of the gray connector.

Because theres allot of "spaghetti" in there, the easiest way to find this wire, is to disconnect the gray connector and twist it around. The wire color right next to it is Brown with a Pink stripe. The wire on the other side(inside) is an Orange with a Light Blue stripe.

I have the diagram, but it will cost you a cookie.

90425522.jpg

90425523.jpg

Thread necro.

I cut this wire and i still get a message that says the air ride system is turned off. is there something else i need to snip?

Thread necro.

I cut this wire and i still get a message that says the air ride system is turned off. is there something else i need to snip?

Turn the switch in the trunk back on.

will that not try to run the compressor and stuff ? i want to avoid that as well.

If everything's disconnected like it's supposed to be it won't do anything bad to leave the switch "On". But the computer will continually bother you if it's "Off". That's how mine is, switch stays in the on position, will bother me if it's in the off position, but it's not connected to any air ride system seeing as it's not on the car anymore.

Should be easy to test, turn it on and see if it runs the compressor. I don't know the details of what exactly you're trying to do so maybe I'm looking like an idiot here.

Im trying to stop the message that says the air ride is turned off. i know its off. im leaving it off i thought that was the entire point of clipping that wire.

The car is being left mostly enabled so i can convert back with easy. so i didnt gut the pump or the solenodes or any of that. i just had em zip tied out of the way.

Just leave the air ride switch on. Compressor shouldn't try to run, but if it does just pull the fuse for the air suspension compressor out of the under hood fuse block. Think it's a 60 amp, or maybe 50.

Here is the wire I solder'ed back together when I converted to air. It's just under the glove box, to the right. Behind the kick panel.

20121026_183631.jpg

20121026_185144.jpg

20121026_183208.jpg

yea i got the correct wire. apparently it just stops the error messages when the air ride is turned on.

i can hear the pump engage and after it times out it stops and i get no errors. ill have to disconnect the pump or something so i dont burn it out.

yea i got the correct wire. apparently it just stops the error messages when the air ride is turned on.

i can hear the pump engage and after it times out it stops and i get no errors. ill have to disconnect the pump or something so i dont burn it out.

WTF?!?!? That's weird, I've done 3 conversions, snipped the wire on all 3, left the compressor "ON" as instructed & everything's perfect. No running compressor, nothing.

Are you sure you are not confusing the noise of the pollution pump when you start your car? :shifty: Pop the hood before starting your car. Start the car, go stand in front of it, where does the noise come from?

Just a quick update. today The tires were pulled and we removed the height senors after doing this. there was no issues with leaving the air ride switch in the on position.

2006 Lincoln Navigator

Trippen, did you unplug the ride height sensors?

sorry for this message but I'm new at this forum
recently I bought a 2006 Lincoln Navigator
one of the front suspension bags got trouble and I was recommended to switch to springs.
the kit was installed in a shop but there is no way to remove the message "check suspension" and also the Advtrack started to flash.
what can I do to remove these signals.?
thanks

Hey Guys,

The easiest way to do this is to leave the switch in the trunk in the on position and cut wire 11 on the grey connector.

It won't run the compressor or any of the air system components and you will not receive the air system off message.

My understanding is that the on/off switch (wire in the trunk) goes through the message centre first then to the air ride processor. By cutting the brown/pink wire (pin 11) right at the grey wire connector you bypass the message centre notification.

I did search

but I was told the 2006 Navigator has differences with other similar models,
this is what I did, I got back to the shop and left the solenoids (sensors) in place and the message "check suspension" disappear from my cluster.
this is the other problem I have, as soon I start the car, Advtrack light starts flashing for a few minutes until stay lit, they tried everything and call some other shops, they were told the ABS module needs to be reprogrammed, is that true?

but I was told the 2006 Navigator has differences with other similar models,
this is what I did, I got back to the shop and left the solenoids (sensors) in place and the message "check suspension" disappear from my cluster.
this is the other problem I have, as soon I start the car, Advtrack light starts flashing for a few minutes until stay lit, they tried everything and call some other shops, they were told the ABS module needs to be reprogrammed, is that true?

Maybe you should post in the correct thread, in fact, try the right sub forum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back