Taking orders for gen1 heatshields

Even at idle, it is fun to hear my intake with the addition of your heatshield.

I have a nice whistle sound. I am guessing the heads being ported may (and again..... I am guessing when I say that) be helping enhance with what I am hearing.

Cool vid though, props on that.

Funny ~ went from "easy mod" to "pain in the a$$"

I still gotta get back to mine, trim it a little, have to force the hood down on one side,
sits a little high for some reason, trim the plastic on the coweling also.

been going through a bit more fuel lately, wonder why ? LOL

~ Do wish to replace the white hose that came with the CAI to something in black.

Any recommendations on changing out the white tube to black ?

Go to NAPA. It's a 1.25" Inner Diameter steel wire reinforced hi-temp rubber hose. $12 per foot. Cut off 3" and install it with hose clamps. Fits great, kinda snug even without hose clamps.

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=875489&postcount=17[/URL]

(I have some extra hose, but it's buried in a storage unit - otherwise I'd ship you one).

Thanks LDM, that helps for sure.

Called a couple of the NAPA's near me and they say they don't have it.
not in hi-temp, tell me to call performance shops. I think they are being lazy.

now that I know what I should be looking for ... I'll find some in town.

thanks again.

BigRig....as far as your hood not going all the way down, you may need to trim the top edge of the heatshield down slightly. Most have fit fine from what I've heard, but sometimes a little trimming os needed

Its doesn't need to be modified for the v 6. You need the spectre MAF adapter listed in post number 1of this thread and the K&N filter I have listed in my signature.

BigRig....as far as your hood not going all the way down, you may need to trim the top edge of the heatshield down slightly. Most have fit fine from what I've heard, but sometimes a little trimming os needed

yeah, no probs Lee, not diss'in anything, love the thing man !

I double checked to see if I had it sitting as low as it could, the mounting
holes line up with the bolt from the fenderwell, so all good there.

She just need a little trim on the top, maybe less then 1/4 inch if that.

I even checked to see if I had the rubber seal all the way down all around.

just sitting a little high for some reason. no biggie, I'll get to it.

I actually think it may be a combination of the plastic front cover and chrome intake that is pushing on it too much.

I need to get a hold of a dremel as mine is burned out, trim that plastic back a little.

(so many things to do, so little time)

Thanks LDM, that helps for sure.

Called a couple of the NAPA's near me and they say they don't have it.
not in hi-temp, tell me to call performance shops. I think they are being lazy.

now that I know what I should be looking for ... I'll find some in town.

thanks again.

It's their 1.25" Inner Diameter steel wire reinforced straight heater/coolant hose sold by the foot.
(It can handle the engine temps, and the steel wire reinforced hose won't collapse under vacuum).

While you are there, grab a couple of their smaller hose clamps (find the ones that leave little excess)... as they fit perfect without leaving a long tail like the ones at HD, Lowes, Ace Hardware. NAPA's clamps seem to be made better also.

Anyone else think it's ironic you guys convert from plastic to metal tubing which acts as a giant heat sink, and then you install a heat shield for the intake? lol

I love modding :D

Anyone else think it's ironic you guys convert from plastic to metal tubing which acts as a giant heat sink, and then you install a heat shield for the intake? lol

I love modding :D

If someone made a plastic intake tube just like the aluminum tube I would buy it for just that reason. The reason I use the aluminum tube is less turbulence in the air flow and improved sound and looks. Some people may say that the factory tube works better, and because of the extensive engineering that went into it, it may be better. But the aluminum tube looks and sounds alot better!

If someone made a plastic intake tube just like the aluminum tube I would buy it for just that reason. The reason I use the aluminum tube is less turbulence in the air flow and improved sound and looks. Some people may say that the factory tube works better, and because of the extensive engineering that went into it, it may be better. But the aluminum tube looks and sounds alot better!
Agreed!

I just sold my 200th heatshield today! I have sold most here at LVC, a few at Thunderbirdnest.com and a bunch on ebay. Thanks Grell for letting me mock one up for the LSK tube before I got mine, and thanks to mechanicboy for verifying the fit on the V6 and thanks to everyone who posted pics of the heatshield installs. I will be selling these as long as there are people who want them.

Of all the people who have purchased a heatshield I was told by one person (not from LVC) that they were not happy with it. They expected higher quality they said. 200 and only one complaint ...I'll take that. Thanks again everyone!

A lot of 'members' who have purchased a heatshield here have 0 posts. Maybe they just joined to buy my heatshields so they could save $15.

Hey is it too late to get an order in for a heatshield? And thank you again for the parts tips on the CAI... May have to hold off on the polished tube but atleast I'm going in the right direction. However, I did back out of an auction for that barely used 57 Charger ahead with only 50 on the table, still thank you for helping me dodge the bullet.

I am still selling them. PayPal $40. I will pm you my email address

You are welcome for the info on the CAI setup.

Staff online

Members online

Back