Saying farewell was a very hard thing to do

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
My black '93 is making it's 1st of two voyages to it's new home. 1st stop is Stuart, Fl where it will stay for a few days until the car transport comes to pick it up then off it goes to Colorado.

It's new owner is a 54 year old vp of a major corporation. I truly hope he dose exactly what he told me he's going to do. He plans on spending some cash on the car & drive it every so often. His friend (guy who picked up the car) told me this would be his 6th car so it appears he's a car nut just like us.

I hope the car stays alive for many years to come & well, if it doesnt...... I still have 2 Gen 2's at home to enjoy! :D

These were the 2 pictures taken just moments before the guy drove off with my car.

FAREWELL TO THE FASTEST MARK VIII I EVER OWNED!!!

meme.jpg

20120820_190450.jpg

It's never easy letting one of my cars go , hope ya got what ya wanted for her .
And I can imagine what the. Black gen 2 will become.

Almost don't wanna sell my Silver Gen 2 but just to many projects and don't need to be paying insurance and registration on a car I wont be using :(

Did you tell him to join LVC so you can keep tabs on it?? Lol..it would be cool if he did to see it progress.

Guys if it was up to me I would've purchased a Cobra R hood, hub swap & 20" FR-500's for the car. However keeping the car itself would make that dream that much further from becoming true. I needed the cash badly. I sold it for $3,500. The guy that came to pick it up barely cared about wasting his time looking at any issues. He drove 1:45 to Miami & wanted to leave before dark. First offer was $3,200 but after a 15 min back & forth we agreed to seal the deal for $3,500. So to those of you that think your car isn't worth crap?!?!? Don't underestimate your car's value. I'm actually debating throwing my prairie tan on craigslist & autotrader for $7,600 to see what happens. Never the less right now I can't spend a dime. I can't even paint the black '97 for now. Let's see what happens for the next 3-4 weeks.

Great to see you got what you wanted out of it. Good stuff!

I get a little sad when I sell cars that I put a decent amount of work into. But at the same time when I decide to sell them they've been used up and show rust so it's a little easier to let go. The mark will def be the hardest out of all the cars i've had when its time comes. Still have 55k to go till I let myself do that though. :)

Again, congrats on the sale and hope to see big things from the g2's in the future.:burnout:

Congrats on the sale Alex. I can imagine how you feel. I'm looking to hopefully seal the deal on this other Mark8. I have been through hell and back trying to get a reliable mechanic. Once I found one he fixed some things and I headed to the track and cracked off one of the best all motor times on a Gen2. I never dreamed I would get this car to perform as nasty as it does with less than 300rwhp. Good luck with the Gen2. You have a great canvas to work with. I still love my less than perfect Gen2 even though I might be selling it. These cars are truly sentimental especially when you spend enough time with one. I just love these cars.

Glad you got a decent price for it. I've been more sentimental about the sale of past Mark VIII's than any other cars. To include the 03 Cobra. Good luck with the business.

Glad you got a decent price for it. I've been more sentimental about the sale of past Mark VIII's than any other cars. To include the 03 Cobra. Good luck with the business.

I think part of it too is the harsh reality of the fact that the MarkVIII is a dying breed. In 50 years, seeing one of these classics will be a rare sight. At that point I think one of these cars in pristine condition will be worth a lot of money.

I think part of it too is the harsh reality of the fact that the MarkVIII is a dying breed. In 50 years, seeing one of these classics will be a rare sight. At that point I think one of these cars in pristine condition will be worth a lot of money.

That's always been something in the back of my mind. Yes it will be RARE but how on earth will you fix broken electronic parts on these cars 50 years from now?

By the way, thanks everyone. I have mixed emotions. I am very happy because it's one less responsibility on my shoulders. One less car to wash, one less oil to change, one less headache, one less insurance, one less tag. My birthday was last week, tomorrow I'm renewing tags for 3 cars, not FOUR!

The car WILL BE MISSED SORELY but time to move on.

That's always been something in the back of my mind. Yes it will be RARE but how on earth will you fix broken electronic parts on these cars 50 years from now?

It's likely going to be someone with some intelligence and ingenuity. If you saw the thread on putting together a custom ballast setup using a ballast and some resistors. That will be the kind of custom intelligence that will keep these cars alive. I don't doubt for a second that there is people that could make things work. It will just be a bit tougher and some time will be spent at the drawing board.

Congrats / my condolences for the sale of your car. However, those pics are disturbing. :D

My bday was also on Saturday, so happy bday dude.

I had to renew my plate AND license. Since I have a CDL, it's more expensive to renew, at $80.

Don't worry dude. Things always pick up.

Did the LSC housings go with it? For $3500, I'm assuming they did. It would have been hard for me to sell my car too. Even if I had two others to drive, I would still want my Gen 1 because that's the car that sold me when they first came out. I never paid any attention to Gen 2's when they were produced. Gen 1 has always been my favorite and always will be. I walked the Lincoln lot in 93 and 94 and in 95 because my wife at the time, worked right across the street from the Lincoln dealer. I would just look and look at all the Marks they had and all I could do is only wish. I was seeing $38,500 to $42,000 price tags on them but a house is what I was in the works of buying, not a car. I couldn't have both but I always said that I would have a Mark VIII one day and what was kinda neat is when I bought my first house, the man at the end of the road had a 96 Gen 1 LSC in an Ivory color. So, I got to see his everyday when he came home from work lol. He had a double car garage but kept it outside. :mad: Always disliked him for that.

Anyway Alex, glad you got rid of it for a good price and maybe that will make a family member or two stfu also. Now the wife has a car, like she should and you have one and the truck. Maybe one day soon, you'll get the black one painted for her before family starts complaining that you're making her drive a dull car...

At least he wasn't bent over at the tail pipe like he is in the first pic:shifty:
THAT would be disturbing!!!:D

If i know my friend like i think i do he definatly made love to it before letting it go....I just dont know how he did it without being spotted by his wife. LMFAO!!!!

Did the LSC housings go with it? For $3500, I'm assuming they did. It would have been hard for me to sell my car too. Even if I had two others to drive, I would still want my Gen 1 because that's the car that sold me when they first came out. I never paid any attention to Gen 2's when they were produced. Gen 1 has always been my favorite and always will be. I walked the Lincoln lot in 93 and 94 and in 95 because my wife at the time, worked right across the street from the Lincoln dealer. I would just look and look at all the Marks they had and all I could do is only wish. I was seeing $38,500 to $42,000 price tags on them but a house is what I was in the works of buying, not a car. I couldn't have both but I always said that I would have a Mark VIII one day and what was kinda neat is when I bought my first house, the man at the end of the road had a 96 Gen 1 LSC in an Ivory color. So, I got to see his everyday when he came home from work lol. He had a double car garage but kept it outside. :mad: Always disliked him for that.

Anyway Alex, glad you got rid of it for a good price and maybe that will make a family member or two stfu also. Now the wife has a car, like she should and you have one and the truck. Maybe one day soon, you'll get the black one painted for her before family starts complaining that you're making her drive a dull car...

Believe it or not, the LSC housings are just 10 ft away from me sitting in my office/man cave. I refuse to let those HID housings go. I WILL own another Gen 1. Don't know when but I will.

As for what you said about ppl giving me a hard time? You must know me a little too well. My wife is currently driving the truck but yes, ppl have been talking for months reference me owning 4 cars. I understand though but they still want me to sell the black 97 too.

If i know my friend like i think i do he definatly made love to it before letting it go....I just dont know how he did it without being spotted by his wife. LMFAO!!!!

I didn't make love to it but I did indeed feel very weird. You sometimes post a car for sale to see if someone bites & as long as you still own the car... well.... it's yours... but when someone is serious about buying it then of course you realize; "Damn, this is REAL!"

Too late to turn back though. I'm happy with my decision. I'm already missing the car but I can't stop thinking of how many things I'm going to do to my black '97. As you guys saw with my '93, when I get serious w/a car, I get serious w/a car.

I lol'd.

Members online

No members online now.
Back