Turbo kit thread

Got back an hour ago. It took all day to tune.

Unfortunately, it wasn't able to push more than 5 psi because for some reason, that is what the waste gate was set at by the previous tuner instead of 7+ and he kept the springs to change the amount of boost, I was real bummed about this.

With that said, this guy did his magic and came out with 302 Rwhp and 332ft-lb.

I would have had to either have to buy new springs or get a boost controller to crank it up to 7+ psi. He told me he wouldn't try going any further since it was a worn motor and unless I plan to build it pretty soon, it wouldn't be worth it.

Until I can cough up the dough to upgrade the pistons and rods, I'll be running it at 5psi, I was bummed about this, until I drove it around, SICK!!!!

Maybe within a year I will be hitting 400-500 wrhp, until then 302 to the wheels it is.

It sounds sick, too raspy and loud, but sick! I will be putting on resonators wednesday to quiet it down. I'll post videos tomorrow hopefully and an exhaust video wednesday with the resonators on.

It was a very fun ride home :cool:

Nice! I would have loved to see a 400hp LS but still! what are the crank numbers? 360 ish??

can't wait for vids/pics.

i know what you mean about the rasp lol and i don't even have a turbo, been considering resonators myself.

are you going with the aero turbines? i found them on ebay for like $38 shipped.

Congrats Alax! You're car has officially entered beast mode status.

Videos need posted asap!

When do you plan on doing the upgrade?

Nice! I would have loved to see a 400hp LS but still! what are the crank numbers? 360 ish??

can't wait for vids/pics.

i know what you mean about the rasp lol and i don't even have a turbo, been considering resonators myself.

are you going with the aero turbines? i found them on ebay for like $38 shipped.

I'll get to 400 soon, it is my new goal since it is what i was expecting that for the past year, i'll get 400+.

yeah, I got aero's.

Congrats Alax! You're car has officially entered beast mode status.

Videos need posted asap!

When do you plan on doing the upgrade?

Thanks. Well, I'll be saving up fir it starting now, so hopefully for next spring.

Videos in a day or so.

Got back an hour ago. It took all day to tune.

Unfortunately, it wasn't able to push more than 5 psi because for some reason, that is what the waste gate was set at by the previous tuner instead of 7+ and he kept the springs to change the amount of boost, I was real bummed about this.

I would have had to either have to buy new springs or get a boost controller to crank it up to 7+ psi. He told me he wouldn't try going any further since it was a worn motor and unless I plan to build it pretty soon, it wouldn't be worth it.

Until I can cough up the dough to upgrade the pistons and rods, I'll be running it at 5psi, I was bummed about this, until I drove it around, SICK!!!!

Maybe within a year I will be hitting 400-500 wrhp, until then 302 to the wheels it is.

It sounds sick, too raspy and loud, but sick! I will be putting on resonators wednesday to quiet it down. I'll post videos tomorrow hopefully and an exhaust video wednesday with the resonators on.

It was a very fun ride home :cool:

Just as a reminder when it comes time to build the bottom end, Jms Racing Enginesbuilt my engine and they are close to you. Located in El Monte.

^^ Yeah, I've emailed them a few times but no responces. I'll probably take a trip down and speak to them personally.

Funny you mention that. Mike, the co-owner / lead engine builder is not great at returning emails. Their work is rock solid though.

Good to know, I'll head over this week to check it out.

320.. that's a little disappointing, but for a first run that's always good to be positive :D Hopefully with some upgraded parts you can get towards your goal of 400, it would be sick.

Any plans for the gears? or did you already do the swap too

Must be fun to have it back. I think you're fine with stock rods up to 400 flywheel HP. I'm close to there with spray and based on my quarter mile times, I'm guessing to be at 325 RWHP (125 shot). It sure is a blast, inst it? How quick does it spool up? Nitrous is brutal and instant (to the point you have to buy controllers to lessen its shock), but not always on tap like your setup. You may be able to run more than 400 FW HP since your engine is already revved up when making peak HP. Very nice!

You should be able to hit 400 crank all stock engine because that's what the stype r is rated it and as far as I know those internals are not forged and very similar.

Glad you've got it back and are enjoying it finally. Numbers are nice and all, but a safe tune that isn't going to blow your hard work through the hood and out the engine block is far better. :) Enjoy it, man! :Beer

Members online

Back