Official Plasti-Dip Thread

I'm going to plasti-dip my grille today and see how I like it. I'll make a how to video while I'm doing it

if you look at my original post, youll see that i dipped my front grilles. Not a bad look IMO. And its been holding up great against rock chips. I do a lot of Highway driving so rock chips are a big problem, but since the dip no more rock chips! (on the grills at least LOL)

Well here is the video of me plastidipping my grille. I like it. Im about to redo/add more layers to the grille and do the chrome surround on the lower grille. Check it out. The video is still processing at the moment so its only in lower definition. Should be 1080 at some point when youtube gets it :q:q:q:q together;

Lincoln LS Plasti Dip Grille - YouTube

@metcom, that looks good

Thanks man. I had the grill done too, but I peeled that off. I just kept the rear license plate surround, wheels, and emblems.

@dean71 Your truck looks great after the Plasti-Dip! Nice job.

@Salty Dogg
Did mine today, sorry for the bad quality cell phone picture but it turned out pretty good.
You should peel the Plasti-Dip off of the Lincoln emblem on the center of the wheel. It really POPS then ;)

@2002_licolnLS
here is mine in black
The Red/Black combo looks very classy! Doing your wheels in black would make that thing look mean bro...

Nice video stopsign, but there is noway you dropped a grille bolt (you may mean nut) into the oil pan (you may mean splash guard) unless you are a crackhead.

Thanks, Mark. That's reassuring. Been well over a week now but in the long run, if he can handle it all looks like he found more than just a side business.

Well here it is. I redid the grille after my video since it really didnt have enough coats. I also did the lower grille. I'm pretty happy with it. Will I keep it? Haven't decided. But I definitely like it

IMG_20120508_165516.png

PlastiDiped trim,

So I am working on getting a discount from them of products, The actual PlastiDip company has recently started following amerituner.com on pinterest twitter and so on. I am contacting them about doing some more stuff for them and such, if you have a twitter facebook, look up amerituner and share the plastidip stuff and I may be able to get more from them.

plasti1.jpg

finished1.jpg

finished 2.jpg

PlastiDiped trim

Looks good. What was your method of doing it? Did you apply one heavy coat and remove tape while it was still wet or several coats and just leave a lip and peal to get a clean edge?

I'll be doing this once my plasti dip and glossifier arrive

Check out my site for instructions on my phone. Don't wanna type it all out :)

See my link in the sig

That trim looks good. I plasti dipped the rubber by the chrome trim because it looked terrible. Once I get rid of the chrome pillars I just may do this mod when I do my lower grille. And those plasti dipped eye brows are sweet. I wonder how they would look on a white ls.

Well try it out, greatest part about it, if you don,t like it peel it off. Also plastidip sells white plastidip which may look better, but the black will look good if you do other black trim. All mg trim is now black

I think I'm going to dip my B-pillars as they are starting to get a little dis-colored (kind of a rainbow effect).

I think I'm going to dip my B-pillars as they are starting to get a little dis-colored (kind of a rainbow effect).

My pillars also had the rainbow effect, but after a light buffing with 3M finesse-it II mine came right oit

do you have any close up pictures of the trim you plasti dipped??? I am still trying to decide whether to do it with the plasti dip or self etching primer and paint.

What I am worried about is the rubber around the chrome trim and how the plasti dip looks when done. If the edges come out rough or smooth???

2002!!!! That looks dope!

Stopsign, im diggin it. Especially the grille

Here are my plastidip eyelids, and yes I know I need to reseal the headlight

How do you think black eyelids on a white ls would look? I have the black grille and I am gonna plasti dip the lower grille black as well. dNyce got me wondering about these lol.

I would plastidip the eyelids with white plastidip, may look better unless you are blacking out other areas as well, all of my car has been blacked out now. so it goes with the theme

Members online

No members online now.
Back