young mark 8s progress thread

How do i know if i have a blown head gasket on my 1991 Lincoln Towncar. The car showed signs of overheating, it appeared to have too much oil in it according to the dip stick. When I pulled the oil plug water came from drain, the oil that came out was thick muddy looking the oil filter was clogged. I put water in reservoir it ran straight out oil plug drain.

How do i know if i have a blown head gasket on my 1991 Lincoln Towncar. The car showed signs of overheating, it appeared to have too much oil in it according to the dip stick. When I pulled the oil plug water came from drain, the oil that came out was thick muddy looking the oil filter was clogged. I put water in reservoir it ran straight out oil plug drain.
eh, you might try posting this in the Towncar forum, after you search and see if there's an answer to this question...welcome to LVC btw

It could be your oil filter adapter gasket went bad. Don't condemn the engine yet.

other than the Jmod I'm not familiar with any common tranny mods, other than a tune to change shift points...I guess it can be rebuilt to specific parameters for racing?

Best trans route is to get a low mileage 98 trans, and jmod that. A jmodded 98 trans got burbank into the 10s. It'll work for you too.

would i have to bleed the front brakes after replacing the rear calipers and half of the brake line leading to the left rear (there was a new line infront of the half i replaced) because the bleeders on the front calipers are pretty close to as bad looking as the rear ones were so its safe to say the bleeders are stuck from rust or corossion

can i have a little help im lost my rims dont match at the beads each of those little dips/indentation that goes aroind the rim like a ring all the way around are different on each of my rims and some are smalle then others (dip wise) im lost did they come like this from the factory

uploadfromtaptalk1378666718709.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378666729520.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378666742714.jpg

I'd be more concerned with the dry rot cracking of the tires then the minor if any differences of the wheel lip. The bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/4" (108mm)

I'd be more concerned with the dry rot cracking of the tires then the minor if any differences of the wheel lip. The bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/4" (108mm)[/QUO

2 tires are dated 06 ones dated 07 and ones new dated 2013 im gettin a set of tarus stockies to put blizzacks on or studded tires for this winter while i replace the 3 old ones for summer sadly my car is being used this winter my moms selling her mercury so were both going to be using mine

Members online

No members online now.
Back