young mark 8s progress thread

Everyone has there own opinion. I for one will not spend a couple hundred bucks on a pair of shocks for a 16-21 year old car.

Is it really the cars age, or the fact that you don't have a couple hundred bucks?

Is it really the cars age, or the fact that you don't have a couple hundred bucks?

In my particular case it is, Marks in general aren't getting any younger and I don't see the point of putting expensive shocks on a car that's worth a few grand. Again, my opinion.

I'd post a screenshot of my bank account to prove you wrong, but I wouldn't find that appropriate. I'll just say that if I wanted to buy a new MKZ outright after work today I could.

Last edited:
i have bilsteins. bought them from a low mileage cobra. didn't pay a few hundred bucks, and they work great.

So what about the cars age anyway..

Having worn out shocks isn't good for tires either just FYI.. Which effects traction, AND braking distance

So what about the cars age anyway..

Having worn out shocks isn't good for tires either just FYI.. Which effects traction, AND braking distance

I never said worn out shocks is ok, just stating that a pair of 200 shocks is unnecessary on such an old car where a pair of standard shocks @ 1/3 the price would suffice.

If you are gonna keep the car for short term or if it is on its last legs and you don't plan on keeping it afterwards, the 20 buck shocks are ok. But for me if I am gonna keep the car, I would rather put OEM or better.

my marks possesed the interior lights turn on and off for no reason when not in the car or driving o.o the duration between on/off and how long they stay on varies o.o anybody have a idea of what could cause this

my marks possesed the interior lights turn on and off for no reason when not in the car or driving o.o the duration between on/off and how long they stay on varies o.o anybody have a idea of what could cause this

Door light switches (in between the hinges in a Gen1, or part of the Lock Module on a Gen2) or the Light Module behind to the right of the glove box

uploadfromtaptalk1393642273728.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393642298138.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393642313580.jpg new duals ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1393642273728.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393642298138.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393642313580.jpg

nice,but mufflers hang way to low for my liking,i would have notched the bumper and had them raised as much as possible

sounds great from the outside its a bit to quiet for my taste inside but its a packed muffler with stainless steel packing on the highway its a verry and i mean verry faint hum but out side it has all the voice you would need i used a x pipe im about to post a vid from the day i picked it up i was cold and tired so that video was just thrown together

my marks been losing coolant for 2 dats theres no antifreeze smell,excessive steam from the exhaust,oil in the coolant/coolant in the oil,the floors dry below the heater core im lost on where im losing coolant i can drive about 15 to 20 miles and the low coolant warning comes on im stumped i havent physicly got under it yet but so far no visable leaks

my marks been losing coolant for 2 dats theres no antifreeze smell,excessive steam from the exhaust,oil in the coolant/coolant in the oil,the floors dry below the heater core im lost on where im losing coolant i can drive about 15 to 20 miles and the low coolant warning comes on im stumped i havent physicly got under it yet but so far no visable leaks

OK, so my guess is the system at some point heated up and purged and the low level light came on. Then you added some coolant.

Where did you Add the coolant??

Members online

No members online now.
Back