young mark 8s progress thread

I think as far as mufflers go, the Magnaflow 14211 are one of the nicer fitting ones. For a tucked up look - they fit right in.

As far as complete systems - I "personally" like this one (RIP) http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/lscexhaust.html

I'm hoping to do my mufflers/tips this weekend. Magnaflow 14211 and the Pypes EVT29 tips. I'm still retaining the stock LSC tubing for now.

If your looking at Pypes specifically, MVS11 is a 2.5" same side offset (but, no image - so I'd verify first)

I'd go with an Off/Center not an Off/Off

I think as far as mufflers go, the Magnaflow 14211 are one of the nicer fitting ones. For a tucked up look - they fit right in.

As far as complete systems - I "personally" like this one (RIP) http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/lscexhaust.html

I'm hoping to do my mufflers/tips this weekend. Magnaflow 14211 and the Pypes EVT29 tips. I'm still retaining the stock LSC tubing for now.

If your looking at Pypes specifically, MVS11 is a 2.5" same side offset (but, no image - so I'd verify first)

im really digging the race pros after hearing this mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLZmgSwa9k&feature=youtube_gdata_player im hoping to achieve the same sound or something verry similar i already ordered the mandrel bent kit,x pipe,the 45 degree bends and today im running to pace performance to pick up the mufflers
i do know that the mark in the video is a gen 2 though

Make sure when you weld it up that you leave about 1/2" between the top of the tip and the bumpers cutout . whoever installed the old exhaust on my car for the previous owner didn't, so I just bought a new rear bumper

Make sure when you weld it up that you leave about 1/2" between the top of the tip and the bumpers cutout . whoever installed the old exhaust on my car for the previous owner didn't, so I just bought a new rear bumper

i will make sure and my marks bumper dont got cut outs on it so i was going to put 2 turn downs on the mufflers till i find one with cut outs or till i can get nice tips that will look right the guy im having do my exhaust,rear shocks, and o2's only wants 150 to 200 in labor if i supply parts he wants just 100 for the exhaust only ill also be posting up a vid once my exhaust is done with my mark next to my friends tahoe z71 with a full true dual magnaflow cat back ;)

im really digging the race pros after hearing this mark I'm hoping to achieve the same sound or something verry similar i already ordered the mandrel bent kit,x pipe,the 45 degree bends and today im running to pace performance to pick up the mufflers
i do know that the mark in the video is a gen 2 though

They do have similar sound - and don't sound bad at all! I don't think I'd worry about Gen1/Gen2 in this case.

uploadfromtaptalk1392337171110.jpg i vot everything but the mandrel bent kit i gotta hack the bumper to put the tips on it

uploadfromtaptalk1392337171110.jpg

+1, makes your car all floaty. Of course you won't notice this unless your other shocks were good.

Everyone has there own opinion. I for one will not spend a couple hundred bucks on a pair of shocks for a 16-21 year old car.

Someone gave me a set a while back, put them in and drove for a week. Threw them away and installed Bilsteins, they cost more but definitely worth the investment.

Just did a quick Google search, the price went up allot since I bought them. I got some from Maxx for $140/pair and now that's the used price.

Someone gave me a set a while back, put them in and drove for a week. Threw them away and installed Billstines, they cost more but definitely worth the investment.

Ahhh, I'd probably say the same thing about Billstiens. Not on this car but........Never again. We obviously prefer different ride quality, or lack thereof depending on how you look at it ;)

I agree. I have not used Sensatracs on my Mark, but I used them on my Caprice and I had to use them on my Lesabre, and hated them. If your going for a marshmallow ride, you may like them.

im watching everyone do their thing and her o2,one front sway bar endlink(ones new already), and a rear sway pin comes (ones still sorta good bushing is a little dry) but the other is broke

It will be lunch time soon, you can get yourself some wet noodles with marshmallows.:p

Members online

No members online now.
Back