ZEX Dry Kit

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
Looking to Go N20 setup later this spring. Ive been doing some research, and have found out alot of good things about the ZEX dry kits. I have a low mileage car, so 75-100 is about what Im looking to spray. Nothing more. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here is the kit:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CCA%2D82015&N=700+4294925239+4294839080+4294871048+4294908331+4294908282+4294907915+4294924746+115&autoview=sku

I was also thinking of upgrading the fuel pump and possibly fuel lines at the same time. Most likely walbro 255lph. Good idea?

After hearing drillers car ar Carlisle last year, electric coutouts would be icing on the cake :)

I like Zex stuff a lot....

Dry will be just fine if you stay around a 100 shot... but I would get it tuned for the spray for sure and get an chip that you can switch on the fly from NA to Nitrous tuning.

Fuel lines are fine... but definitely get a walbro 255.... good cheap pump.

ive heard to many and a seen a few solenoids freeze..... but just like the old ford vs chevy debate everyone has their own reason for liking one more than the other. Nitrous is allot of fun though!!!

I have an xcal2, and will get a nitrous tune for it. And ill most likely running a buttle heater too.

Those Zex kits are OK. They have the nifty feature that reads the TPS instead of using a mechanical WOT switch. This is great on a Gen 1 for obvious reasons. But, they don't come with a window switch. I'd recommend using one..

I have an xcal2, and will get a nitrous tune for it. And ill most likely running a buttle heater too.

The annoying thing about that is you have to stop, flash the car, and then you can spray, and then you have to stop, reflash it, and drive again....

Now with a switch chip you can just flip it to the nitrous tune, spray, flip it back.

or do it like in Fast and Furious movies, Just press the button and you'll be screamin with your eyes wide open...:shifty:

The annoying thing about that is you have to stop, flash the car, and then you can spray, and then you have to stop, reflash it, and drive again....

Now with a switch chip you can just flip it to the nitrous tune, spray, flip it back.

Thats not really a big deal to me though, since i will only be spraying on the track, and not on the street. I usually have the SCT tuner in the trunk anyway...

If you're planning to use dry shot you might be running out of injectors,you said that you're going to upgrade the pump but I'm not sure if your stock 24's are enough .If I was you, I'd check Corral dot net classifieds ,at this economy you can find a nice used nitrous kit for couple hundred $$.

Thats where ive been looking. I may do injectors, but that will just about double what Im planning to spend right now.

The dry Zex kit is fine. Get the fuel pump and do a tune for the Spray. Go out and enjoy. I have this kit and the only problem i had was a head gasket. The kit is easy to use and FUNNN. If your getting the mustang kit which is fine but I noticed the Gas line from the bottle was about 2 feet short. I would recommend getting the extra line with the purchase. It will save time. I used many bottles thru my mark. The bottle heater is a must if you want good power.

Thats not really a big deal to me though, since i will only be spraying on the track, and not on the street. I usually have the SCT tuner in the trunk anyway...

nah it really IS a big deal..
dont take "flashing your car" lightly, things can go very wrong very fast if you have a voltage problem during a flash.

If I were gonna set up a nitrous tune I would first.
Flash my nitrous tune to the PCM
Burn a performance tune to a multi position chip..
Wire the WOT nitrous switch to also deactive the chip (positon 4)
AND OR wire the switch chip to the ARM switch on the nitrous system

Under normal driving you would be running on the chip..when you go WOT the chip turns off and your running on the nitrous tune flashed to the PCM.

You really should get a chip for multiple tunes... I don't like flashing my car either.... to easy to burn up an ecm.

If you do the cutouts, you won't need the nitrous. LOL :D

Seriously, I know a few peeps that do very well with the Zex kit on daily drivers.

A tune is an absolute must have. A 75 shot will be OK with stock injectors. 100 or more will be the time for bigger injectors - don't let no one tell you any different.

The bottle heater is mandatory for consistency. Just make sure your charging system is up to the task. ;)

I agree with the chip being superior vs. flashing the PCM for nitrous.

Flashing the PCM with a nitrous tune, then using a flip switch chip to stage the nitrous sounds like a cool way to go about the setup.

The only other thing I would add would be a good A/F meter. :)

I've kinda wanted to do this to my car. But mine has a few more miles than yours (125,000 and counting). I'd be intrested to see how this works on yours at the track this summer if you do it.

Members online

Back