young mark 8s progress thread

the hardware was toast the bolts snapped and my idiotic friend threw out the shims when i had it off but it lines up perfectly without them and am i able to use the rear shocks for a 94 tbird v8 on a mark?

yours may be dirty and need body work but atleast its 95% one color. mine is 6 different colors but lol

shims? ive pulled a total of 6 gen 1 fenders and never seen any. i've got plenty of leftover fender bolt you can have if you pay shipping. shoot me a pm and we can talk fenders and see if u like what i would charge you

mistory front end clunk the front lower ball joints are new and sad to say their duralast or valucraft and the passenger uca is new its a moog but the clunk is back/still there but mainly when you rock the car pretty hard it makes noise rarely when on road im out of ideas last possibility is pass lca bushings or strut rod bushings but they were fine when i changed the uca the drivers side is perfect at the moment me and my friend narrowed it to the passenger side anyone have a idea what it could be?

i dont have a pic of it but to me it looks identical to the ones on others but i never really paid attention to it exactly but the bushings on them look soso not good not bad though

the back makes no noise the shocks are just blown and had the oil inside of them leaking the front upper strut mounts and bushings are pretty good almost new the clunk is up front the passenger side sway bar end link is shot the balls in them are a bit loose and the dust boots are shreaded but im still stumped

I've heard that sway bar end links can also cause a clunk over bumps
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ing-over-bumps-everything-new&highlight=clunk
...you can't really tell what the strut mount looks like without decomp-ing the coil, at that point it may make sense to install a new strut mount (if you paid someone to decomp the strut); @ $40 per side....
if your sway bar end link is fried I have one extra NIB sway bar end link if you need it...Deeza...you pay s/h

should i consider updating the 1-2 shift acchmulator seeing that in having signs of a broken spring or should i let it go since it has 303k now and put a new tranny in it when it goes out? also does anyone know the best way to clean the abs sensors ive finished the brakes but the abs light is still on and a while before i did the brakes it would come and go so im thinking dirt and crud got on them causing the light

Holy scatter brain..marks in flat black would look stupid
Not all Marks! I know its a VII but it is a Mark! ;)
goodstripe4-1.jpg

decided to finally change my left rear tail light because i might be taking her to the inlaws so i can use his welder to weld half my exhaust back on when the flange broke and i cut the muffs off at the pumpkin months ago and the her left front is groaning when i hit bumps or when she articilates

im manually pulling the cel codes on my mark but am having trouble reading the flashes i think i got the first code right as code 12 but i dont know. if anyone can decipher them for me that would be a big help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-IoYVoIMc&feature=youtube_gdata_playerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-IoYVoIMc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ok the first 2 codes are 1-1-1 (2 times). That means PASS. You have 7 stored codes. 175,176,177,189,524,542 and 543. Then all these 7 code repeat themselves again but your vid cut those off. See if you can follow the 3 digit codes I wrote out from your vid and follow along to read them. Remember all codes are 3 digits.

111 System checks OK
175 Oxygen sensor not switching – system was at adaptive limits – Left or Front HO2S – Fuel control
176 Oxygen sensor not switching – system is or was lean Left or Front HO2S – Fuel control
177 Oxygen sensor not switching – system was rich Left or Front HO2S – Fuel control
189 Fuel system was lean at part throttle – Left or Front HO2S – Fuel control
542 Fuel pump open, bad ground or always on – - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits
543 Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power – Power / Fuel Pump Circuits

Could not find code 524. Are your O2s sensors hooked up? All codes point to no/bad DRIVERS O2 sensor.

Just want to give you a heads up. When someone helps you or provides info you asked for, you should say "Thank you".

Members online

No members online now.
Back