You learn something new every day

rriproarin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I go to get my "new" 89 TC inspected today. All it needs here in Texas is a safety inspection (lights, horns, brakes etc) no emissions.

All seems to be going well until the inspector test the high setting for the headlight. He turns them on, they click off. We do this several times until he fails the car.

I drive away figuring there is some diagnostic work to be done and some sort of switch replacement until I think to myself maybe this car has automatic dimmers to turn down the high beams when other cars approach.

I pull over, turn off all of the headlight gizmos, check the high beams and bam! There they are.

I drive back to the inspection station and explain to the inspector that the problem is solved and to please retest it. He has this look on his face like there is no way I could have solved this problem in ten minutes but the proof was in the pudding. Needless to say, my new ride and I are again legal to drive in the Great State of Texas.

You learn something every day. I sure do love this old gal.

Never knew Lincoln had this. I think Cadillac first came with that tech back in the 50s and now has just started putting them in the newer cars. I am still skeptical about the auto high beams on a Lincoln though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back