You guys want some rear shock mounts?

Dr. Paul

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
It is my understanding that this chassis has trouble with rear shock mounts. I personally have no idea what they look like, but I know they suck and that somebody once made some solid ones.

Well, I just happen to have a good friend with two CNC mills in his garage. If somebody one of those solid mounts, or can send me something to work off of, I may be able to get a small production run of these built.

So, anyone?

Paul.

Dr. Paul said:
Hello all,
It is my understanding that this chassis has trouble with rear shock mounts. I personally have no idea what they look like, but I know they suck and that somebody once made some solid ones.

Well, I just happen to have a good friend with two CNC mills in his garage. If somebody one of those solid mounts, or can send me something to work off of, I may be able to get a small production run of these built.

So, anyone?

Paul.

yes i would be interested but i have no clue who would have the measurements off of them

I started making a pair, but then decided to burn the rubber off the original ones and reuse them. It worked out fine.

Does somebody want to send me a set and I'll see if my friend can duplicate them in a solid mount? Please let me know and PM me. I can likely get them made and sell them for a very reasonable price to all the Mark VIII guys. Do the Thunderbirds use the same mount?

Paul.

Thunderbirds use no mount. The shock's stud goes through a hole in the body with a bushing and washer on each side.
The "solid" mounts people talk about are a diamond shaped piece of metal, same shape as the originals, but with a 3/4" hole in the middle, with 2 bolts welded to it.

Yes. There was a post here not too long ago by someone who bought a set.
I also heard that American Air suspension was going to be selling them soon.

Just break out the old rubber from the stock ones, use a poly bushing set and 2 washers. $5.00 and your done forever.

Okay good. It looks like someone has taken care of it. I thought those mounts were no longer available.

Carry on then. :)

I use a torch and burn the rubber until it all falls off. Then re-assmble with the new components. Takes about 20 minutes a side.

ONEBADMK8 said:
I use a torch and burn the rubber until it all falls off. Then re-assmble with the new components. Takes about 20 minutes a side.

I need a source and part number geno.....my 98's are acting up a bit.

Mike

ONEBADMK8 said:
Burning it is the fun part. My neighbors were looking at me like what the $#@& is he doing (again)?

94m5 said:
I need a source and part number geno.....my 98's are acting up a bit.

Mike

I used a set of poly rubber from an old shock set I had lying around. I went to Napa and bought new galvinized "cup" washers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back