Yet another race with my friends t/a

BlackMark8Li

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Me and my friends raced last night, he has a 99 trans am, pretty much stock cept for exhaust and maybe some computer work. he has nitrous also but the bottle was empty when we raced. his best time at the track was a 13.5.. he only took 3 runs so I believe he could've gotten a 13.4-13.3 had he kept going.
Anyways before I blew my other motor we raced and he KILLED me.. when I say killed I mean it was at night and It got to the point of me not being able to see his taillights, thats how bad he beat me. he may have left before me on that run or something was wrong with my car, I know I would've lost but by that much?

So we ran last night and I had him all through-out first but once I shifted and spun the tires he started gaining and just kept pulling. The cool part is that this time he pulled slowly and got about 5-6 car lenghts ahead of me before I went into o/d and then forget about it.. with 4.10 gears my car lost steam and he just shot so far ahead of me. anyways I feel much better now with that race.

Nice race. I have a friend with a 98 Z28 with exhaust, lid and free mods and he takes me by 4-5 cars from 60 to 110. One time I had it in 2nd and floored it at 4000rpm and he let me get the jump, he could not pass me until 100mph. At the track he traps 104 and I do 98-99, it's a big difference.

Try putting a stock 93 up aginst a Blown 383 stroker in a 97Z. ;)

In all honesty, You did pretty good keeping up with an LS1 at speed. The pull out on the highway with those things is INTENSE. Especially with a T56 behind it.

94m5 said:
Try putting a stock 93 up aginst a Blown 383 stroker in a 97Z. ;)

In all honesty, You did pretty good keeping up with an LS1 at speed. The pull out on the highway with those things is INTENSE. Especially with a T56 behind it.

I should've mentioned he has an auto. we actually ran twice that night, once from a dead stop that I mentioned. and after that we turned around and went idk what speed but I'd guess around 40-50.. anyways I jumped ahead of him and had him for a few seconds before he started gaining and passing me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back