yet another overheating problem, need help!

NYC LSv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
yesterday i was driving around town with a friend who drives a 79 camaro. we were racing aganist each other, nothin to crazy, when my engine light comes on. it started blinking at first then stayed lit. im like "oh this is just great". i was pushing the ls pretty hard with 87 octane. i know, bad idea. so i eased up from that point and ran out the rest of the tank to about 60 miles to empty and then filled it up with premium. i did a good amount of driving that same night and the engine light was still on but the car was running normal. the next morning on my way to work, my check engine temperature light comes on and the temp gauge shoots up. the reduced engine power thing came on as well. now im really like ok wtf? keep it mind i had just had an overheating problem due to a busted thermostat, which i got fixed. but anyway a few moments later the temperature thing went down and it was fine, but the engine light is still on. i just find it weird that the car ran fine the rest of the night and then the temp problem is back. please help me out here.

well i went down to autozone to get the PCM code. the code was p0306. it said there was a misfire in cyclinder 6. what should i do?

NYC LSv8 said:
well i went down to autozone to get the PCM code. the code was p0306. it said there was a misfire in cyclinder 6. what should i do?
Could be coils, that is where I would check first.

hi everyone. You all seem helpful . I have a 2000 lincoln Ls v6 and the check engine light came on. my car has been driving rough, as in the engine sputters. So i took it to advance auto parts and i got the code p0306.The person at advance told me that maybe i need a tune up (mileage at 100,000) and since i had the car at 60,000 i never had one done. Now my question is, is this good advice? I only know min. about engines, i really need the help thanks

over heating

i had a problem with over heating when i first bought mine. first it was the thermostat, and then it was a cracked overflow bucket, which is a pain in the @ss to get too, underneath the plastic cover at the bottom of the windshield. the v8 has a fill port at the top of the engine in the center, im sure the v6 has something similar. you must fill here to get most of the air out of the system. also if you are having misfires and it is over heating sounds like a head gasket. if thats what it is, sucks to be you:mad: :(

mis fires

i would start off with the basic tune up first. then go into more detail if it doesnt stop. i think they can test coils now, might call auto zone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back