Yes - Im playing ---

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
with the colors and graphics on the site --- feel free to express opinions here

when its finished - the banner will stretch all the way across the top of the page side to side and the car will change every time you click.

Joeychgo said:
with the colors and graphics on the site --- feel free to express opinions here
A lot of us are already hooked so no matter what changes you made, we'd still be here ... we'd talk about you like a dog but we'd still be here :)
Be creative and enjoy your child. S/he was bound to mature.

I don't like the darker blue. It makes it hard to read the "next/previous post" links and the rest of the links that are also in blue. It just doesn't look as good to me. You asked, so you're getting my 2¢

JoshMcMadMac said:
I don't like the darker blue. It makes it hard to read the "next/previous post" links and the rest of the links that are also in blue. It just doesn't look as good to me. You asked, so you're getting my 2¢
Please - dont be afraid to give constructive criticism --

Thanks Josh

Why don't you use actual members cars for the rotations. I am sure alot of guys would get a kick out out seeing their ride up on top.

Joey, anything I can do to make your life a little tougher, I am here to help! LOL.

Hey Joey, I was just viewing some of the guys prophiles on another thread and the lettering is white with a white back ground. You can barely make it out, so you may want to fix that. Good job with everything else.

Also, I'm not trying to be picky, just trying to help out cause you asked. But there's white characters on a light blue back ground at the bottom of the REPLY window in the POST ICONs section.

Last edited by a moderator:
MonsterMark said:
Why don't you use actual members cars for the rotations. I am sure alot of guys would get a kick out out seeing their ride up on top.

Joey, anything I can do to make your life a little tougher, I am here to help! LOL.
Ive thought about that, and we might just do that.......

Oh, and I knoew I could count on you bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Kbob said:
Hey Joey, I was just viewing some of the guys prophiles on another thread and the lettering is white with a white back ground. You can barely make it out, so you may want to fix that. Good job with everything else.

Also, I'm not trying to be picky, just trying to help out cause you asked. But there's white characters on a light blue back ground at the bottom of the REPLY window in the POST ICONs section.

Be picky! I love praise, but praise doesnt help me make things better, ideas and constructive criticisms do.

Im not sure about the places you mention though..........

Joeychgo said:
Be picky! I love praise, but praise doesnt help me make things better, ideas and constructive criticisms do.

Im not sure about the places you mention though..........

Okay, another place where there's white letters on a light blue background is at the top of this page. Right above the "Home Forums User CP . . ." line it shows the "General Discussion Forum" folder and underneath it is the open folder, but you can see that the letter's are white next to the open folder on the bottom and it looks invisible.

Well the nav bar I didnt change........ Whats where it says Home Forum USER CP, etc. If your talking above that where it says " Lincoln vs Cadillac.com > Our Community Forums > Community Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forum " It shows blue on my screen. ?????????

Joeychgo said:
Well the nav bar I didnt change........ Whats where it says Home Forum USER CP, etc. If your talking above that where it says " Lincoln vs Cadillac.com > Our Community Forums > Community Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forum " It shows blue on my screen. ?????????

Yea! You found it! Now there should be another one there below " >General Discussion Forum" and in this case, it's title "Yes, I'm Playing" or whatever you named this thread. And if you look, it's in white letters, not dark blue like the rest.

In the "View Public Profile" of a member, there's info in all 4 info boxes that are in white characters on a light blue background. In "Forum Info", "Contact Info", "Additional Information", and Group Memberships". In "Forum Info" and "Contact Info" there's information in dark blue and black characters as well as in white characters.

I like this setup very much ,,,,, Very easy on the eyes .... and classy looking . The colors are perfect together , well done.......

The rotating banner idea is great. Using member cars woudl be even sweeter. I don't like the dark blue and I'm not extremely fond of the new logo.

You do have to play, make changes and grow.

Keep up the good work

codewize said:
The rotating banner idea is great. Using member cars woudl be even sweeter. I don't like the dark blue and I'm not extremely fond of the new logo.

You do have to play, make changes and grow.

Keep up the good work

ok, what dont you like about the new logo? Gimmie some specifics please -

It's a little "blocky" for my personal taste. And if we're going to keep the goldish look we need something else subtle on the page to tie it together. So I guess maybe it's the color BUT if we use that in other places it might look better.

Also if you want to make the reading easier on the eyes. What I've found works for me is black text on gray or white text on black. The grey only needs to be the first gray in the pallet which I think is HEX # CCCCCC.

They say white text on black is the best for reading but then the site becomes all dark and everything. However the comment was once made that 'By trying to make the web look like a news paper we're all staring into light bulbs all day long' and that is pretty true.

Joeychgo said:
ok, what dont you like about the new logo? Gimmie some specifics please -

Members online

Back