yes im a tard now i need help. bolt removel

Trippen Out

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
okay so im getting my ass kicked by a nut that the threads spin with as well. i tried to pry ive tried to cut with a dremel. which i just cant get at the right angle to cut it off. so what can i do. its pretty much unwrenchable and i can only see cutting it off some how. the nut is the one closest to the passanger side its connected to the air silencer heres a picture of the one im talking about however i do not have a picture of how bad i mangeled it trying to get it out so far.

00024_13.jpg

Unscrew the radiator cap, back car out, pull new car up, screw radiator cap on new car. :D

I would need a pic to get an idea of a solution.

nice. but the cap is glued to the beauty cover. guess im screwed huh.. i wish i could take a pic id love to post it up cuz im sure everyone would get a damn good laugh at it. only thing i can think of is finding maybe a drmel that has a 90 degree turn on the head. or wedgeing some bolt cutters up in there. but im not really sure thats why im asking to see what ideas i might be able to get

Thats one of the bolts holding the lower air box on?

I used a hacksaw blade and about 15 minutes of my life to cut the bolt. I slid the blade between the box and the metal deck in order to get the job done.

I pulled the bumper off first, I can't remember if that helped or not.

Unscrew the radiator cap, back car out, pull new car up, screw radiator cap on new car. :D

I would need a pic to get an idea of a solution.

That'd be kind tough, since there isn't a radiator CAP on these cars.
*LMAO*
that would work for your garden variety Chevy though!

yea im not gonna pull the bumper off. i think im just gonna wedge some bolt cutters up in there or pick up that right angle dremel attachment.

yea i was waiting for someone to bring me a lug nut wrench or i would of checked to see if i could of gotten at it from the fender well. also im sorry it was a nut not a bolt. i did manage to get it taken care of. i went back at it with the dremel and basicly cut a groove in one side then beat the crap out of it with a hammer and a flat head and presto it was free

for future reference whats the best way to handle a nut and bolt that spin freely that you cant get to the other side of it. is cutting it out the best method or drilling it or what.

i considered the torch. but being directly behind the head light with all the wiring i thought it might not really be a good option.

I ran into this same problem and luckily was able to finally get it out. I then used Monster glue and glued the bottom retainer in place.

Members online

Back