Yeah!!! Mespock's gone Air Tools!!!

It's not the pressure that is important for running a paint gun, but the CFM's. Unless you get an HVLP sprayer. Since I used to be a mechanic, I still have all of my tolls as well as compressors. Now if I just had a garage. I do all my work in the drive, and only in warmer weather. This year is the year for the garage. I need a place to work on the Bikes, Quads, and the trucks.

Man Rich, if my MK8 wouldnt have been in the shop already, we could have broke those in on my Spring Conversion!! Maybe we can mount the new Wheels? (See other thread--Yup, I'm getting them!)

Well right now the comperssor is still in the box. We are trying to find the place to store it.

We are thinking of putting it in Danny's Basement then running the hose out to the garage...

Hey next time you pass a gas station steal the air hose LOL...

Yes I just sent her your e-mail address...:p

real-ugly-face.jpg

Looks like Janice Dickinson, without the make up! :eek:

:eek: oh my god !!!... that pic cant be for real !!!..:eek:

anyway...:shifty: ...

i have a fully heated garage with a huge compressor and all the air and power tools you can think of down at my Tattoo shop... and i still wind up giving my friend a bottle of Jack Daniels to work on my car for me

and the tools collect dust.. i hate myself :mad:

DUDE... don't be posting pictures of my girlfriend... don't make me tell you again!

Damn, before you know it, someone will steal her from me!

Oh yeah... only when I'm workin out there... When I get my HUGE garage with lift... then I'll throw in radiant heating!

i knew a guy that had radiant heat in his shop AND the driveway!!! no-mo-shoveling that and when you crawl under a car the ground is nice and warm, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it was soooo nice :rolleyes:

i knew a guy that had radiant heat in his shop AND the driveway!!! no-mo-shoveling that and when you crawl under a car the ground is nice and warm, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it was soooo nice :rolleyes:

heated driveway... that would be nice!!! And as i recall, it doesn't take that much to keep it clear; doesn't need to be 80 degrees!

I had my concrete all redone 4years ago, garage floor included. Should of set the radiant up at that time but just wasn't really thinking straight. If I want a warm floor I just turn it up the night before I work and it does warm the concrete up some. I keep it 45-48 in there at all times just turning it up when I'm working on something. The floor takes awhile to warm up but overall for what I spent to heat it I'm really happy.

I had my concrete all redone 4years ago, garage floor included. Should of set the radiant up at that time but just wasn't really thinking straight. If I want a warm floor I just turn it up the night before I work and it does warm the concrete up some. I keep it 45-48 in there at all times just turning it up when I'm working on something. The floor takes awhile to warm up but overall for what I spent to heat it I'm really happy.

You have forced-air heating or infrared radiant?

You have forced-air heating or infrared radiant?

Umm, I think its both. Its a 220 ceiling mounted heater. Keep in mind my garage is only 1 1/2 car. Ceiling is R25 insulated, walls are R13 and its drywalled. Not completely done with all the wall ins and drywall but all the high stuff where heat trys to escape is done. It works very well.

I didn't want a gas unit with having to run the gas line and exhaust vent...more work than I really needed to do to get the heat I wanted. I installed this unit in about 4hrs with my electrical panel on the other side of the house than my garage most time was running the wire there.

Oh okay electric heat!! I guess that would do a pretty good job on the size garage with the insulation you've got!!

bet it was cheaper than a gas model too!!

Looks just like this but different manufacturer. To be honest I think even though its a different manufacturer, I think its the same unit.

heater.jpg

well, you're still better off than with gas... most gas units START at $350, plus you have to wire it up with power, and feed the SOB with a gas line.

Once I get my big garage I'm getting a gas infrared unit... that way it doesn't blow dust around, and they retain heat a bit better when you open the garage door. (although they take longer to initially warm up)

my dad has a 2 car attached garage and a 2.5 unattached garage out back, thats heated, cooled, big 300 gal air compressor, and a eng hoist coming out of the ceiling, so yup driving fords thats where i spent my childhood lol. as for how it was heated i dunno it was gas and about 2' by 2' by 6-7' tall, it had a fan and blew crap everywhere, but it was better in jan than my friends driveway!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back