Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Wow you work on your own car your into car audio you like dogs snakes and fishing and your FINE as all hell the only thing you need now to be perfect is me for a husband. Luckieleo will you marry me. :)

Holy thread resurrection batman!!!
I know this is old, But thank you for the pictorial! Ill have to try this out and see if it fixes my airbag issue.

You guys are missing the big picture... she likes to fish too...
:lol: I was thinking the same thing!

so heres some pics of the connector that had the broken wire...
what i did was unplug the connector, cut the unplugged part off.
stripped the plastic off the wires that were left...

with the connector in hand, pulled out the pins, opened them up, placed the cut off wires inside, soldered them together with the pins, put the pins back in the connector, connected it to the other half of the yellow. & airbag was fixed...

i guess a couple pics did turn out.... here they are.. maybe they will come in handy to someone. if your airbag is out, check this piece... a wire may have been cut...if so, your in luck!!

does anybody know how these pins come out before i wind up breaking one?

Wow, strange thing here ... I was searching last night for this SRS 32 problem and found this page as well, bookmarked it and here now you bump it.

true story - yesterday after work I was leaving a crescent and waiting to make a right on a red when suddenly through the intersection these two cars collide, (one got into the others lane without looking) and crash all about onto the sidewalk directly in front of my LS. One black little sedan, all hung up on the curb directly in front of me, I'm thinking, crap, I almost had my front end involved had the contacted each other seconds earlier through the intersection.

So I can't move, traffic behind me, crashed car to my right in front of me on the curb where I need to turn onto the road way. Sitting there for a few seconds, I start to realize, I am a witness to the event to day. I proceed to leave my LS with the four-ways on and make my way over to the shaken up lady (who of course goes into drama overdose).
I ease here with the "I understand you've been knocked around but you'll be alright" ... I witnessed the whole thing ma'm, please take down my name and number and have your insurance or husband phone me. bla bla bla bla ... I get her to move the car into the gas station and I get back in my LS and ... wait for it ... my Fricken SRS airbag light is blinking. what ?!?! ... you have got to be kidding me I yell at my LS, you weren't even involved on the impact, WTF?!?!

I make my way down the road, pull into a side road and pray for a restart-reset-go-away-problem ... nope! continues to blink code 3-2 at me then solid all the way home.
Knowing the LS well enough to date, I already know I'm up against a clock spring.

got home ... searched, realized my steering controls still work, the 3-2's common repair is more of a broken lead on the connector under the driver seat.

I had to finish my work week today and plan to dig into this tomorrow.

from what I can see, the red clip need to be pulled straight out as it act as a retainer.
I also noticed in the pics, the clip seems to be mutilated to a point of no repair.

I can't comment on it further, I haven't even moved my seat up just yet.

looks like we have the same problem on the same day.

let me know how you fair out or I will you if I get to it before you do ... hoping for a quick simple lead/pin connector fix.

GLWR

I make my way down the road, pull into a side road and pray for a restart-reset-go-away-problem ... nope! continues to blink code 3-2 at me then solid all the way home.
Knowing the LS well enough to date, I already know I'm up against a clock spring.

BigRig

According to the list provided in this post from our old friend QuikLS, 3-2 is probably a clockspring since 3-2 is specific to the driver airbag, not the side airbag.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?67550-airbag-light-flashing

I had seen that but theres more in-favor-repairs that it's the wire under the seat. Possible wishful thinking on my part perhaps.
Even Quick points out, either a clock spring or wire connector under seat. I found a handful of threads related to the 3-2 fix being one of the leads separated from the pins in the connector under the seat.

Without getting into my shop manual, actually looking at my problem, I understood the bottom of the seat to have something related to verifying if there is actually a person sitting in the seat with respect to firing the bag in the steering wheel or not.

I understood a flashing 3-2 or 3-6 SRS fault was related to open and shorts in the wiring of the airbag readiness.
Only if the actual steering wheel controls, (radio volume, mute and cruise control) stopped working would it then be the clock spring in the steering wheel.

That make sense ?
Sorry, I haven't fully gotten into my repair just yet. (only reading about it up until this point)

...Only if the actual steering wheel controls, (radio volume, mute and cruise control) stopped working would it then be the clock spring in the steering wheel....

This is not really true. There are ten wires in the clockspring. Four are for the airbag, and the other six are for the horn, cruise, and radio buttons. Usually, when the clockspring starts to fail, only one of the ten wires will break. That would stop only one of the functions, in this case it could be the airbag only. If you let it go for long enough, probably the other functions will fail one by one until all of the wires have broken.

just going by the hand full of threads I found last night Joe, where the 3-2 blinking was the lead fix under the drivers seat.
as i mentioned, wishful thinking on my part. my drivers seat heat hasn't worked for some time either, so still very hopeful.
Not trying to fool myself, well aware of the clockspring issue and this 01 has no records of dealer clockspring re&re so it's without a doubt pending.

Will be looking into it tomorrow (weekend) really hoping for just a wire under the seat as a quick fix because the LS is going into storage on Nov7th and I prob won't be touching it until after February/March.

hey thanks alot. i had actually found this same thread and was able to drill a small hole just like that guy had done. once the red piece comes out it's pretty simple

wire under seat was broken and after correcting it, it fixed the problem of the airbag light on ?
(sorry, I haven't gotten to mine just yet, too busy with work, also now have a new squeak on center steering in the colder mornings.)

i soldered the pins to 4 inches of extra wire to prevent it from breaking again then reassembled the whole thing plugged the battery and started it up just to still have a code 36 at the airbag light.

i soldered the pins to 4 inches of extra wire to prevent it from breaking again then reassembled the whole thing plugged the battery and started it up just to still have a code 36 at the airbag light.

Clockspring.......

Did you find a break or bad connection?

It's possible you have a short or open circuit in the harness between the connector and the side airbag. I did.

I must have damaged the connector because i just cut it off and connected the wires directly and the light went off. I'm guessing the connector is only necessary for ease of seat removal, but since i found the broken wire while removing the seat to vacuum and shampoo carpet i won't need to take it out again any time soon. I just bought the car a month ago and hadn't even noticed the light before all this.

Members online

Back