Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i couldnt clear my headlight corners, but i managed to get rid of the airbag light on the dash!!!!

simple, i just took a hammer, and smashed the dash & magically, the airbag light was gone!!! :joke

no, but i read on here (i think) or lincolnsonline or somewhere to check under the drivers seat for something yellow that may have been cut... well, today i was vaccuming the car & i decide to take a peek under the seat. i find the yellow connector, look at the wires coming out of it, and SURE ENOUGH.. one of the wires coming out of the yellow connector was cut off!

i unplugged the connector (which was difficult cuz there was a red clip locking it together...once i figured that out, it was no prob)...

i had to cut the wires to take off the yellow connector plug (just the plug, not the part it goes into) the one wire that was cut (i believe it was the red one) was cut RIGHT at the connector, so wire was sticking out, i had to pull out the connector pin, open it up and put new red wire in there & weld it to the broken end, then i just put some shrinking tube around the weld job, and plugged the pins back in, and connect it back up, and MY AIRBAG LIGHT IS OFF!!!! :Beer

it was starting to get dark, and i didnt have time to mess with the digital camera. i tried taking pictures, but they came out blurry, too close up. but i fixed it WITHOUT paying a $95 dealership diag fee & labor & a new connector... YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! :L

thank you whoever said something about checking a yellow part & a broken wire...if it werent for that, i would have never guessed to check that!!

(my dad is starting to have faith in me & my addiction to LvC now!!) :)

:gr_hail: :V

Wow! A woman that loves to work on cars! You'll make a man very happy one day knowing you can work on your own car. I'm impressed!

LMAO...yeah, ...it sucks, but i can either get my nails dirty every once in a while, or pay money to have someone do it for me. and i dont like paying for what i can do myself, so you gotta do what you gotta do. ALL OF YOU KNOW, if we took this car to the dealership for everything that needed fixing, we could own 2 mercedes with the money that would be spent! :wrench

i do have to admit though, i had a little help. but you know, i'm no different than you guys. i have pride too. i want to make it sound like i did it all myself, but i didnt. :(

my mom's non-college-educated self works in a factory called Methode & they make connector products, so i asked her how to get the pins out of the connector without breaking it since the wire was in there, and she helped me with that. (just goes to show, you can do something in the real world without college education) and my dad was working on the addition & saw me plug in the welding gun & came outside knowing i do not know how to weld without making big globs, so he did help. i'm glad he did, cuz he knows i will always try to do things myself and shortly thereafter, the swearing begins & he has to come out & rescue me from whatever disaster i've gotten myself into! :biggrin: :L
my dad's really patient & has lots of tools & a garage to work in, so i dont mind the help.

(btw, i am working full time, but i going to school part time. 3rd yr. of college for me... i do believe you need an education!)

Cute, smart, and likes to work on cars. :Beer

I couldn't get my wife to work on a vehicle if her life depended on it.

What's you'r major?

luckieleo said:
LMAO...yeah, ...it sucks, but i can either get my nails dirty every once in a while, or pay money to have someone do it for me. and i dont like paying for what i can do myself, so you gotta do what you gotta do. ALL OF YOU KNOW, if we took this car to the dealership for everything that needed fixing, we could own 2 mercedes with the money that would be spent! :wrench

i do have to admit though, i had a little help. but you know, i'm no different than you guys. i have pride too. i want to make it sound like i did it all myself, but i didnt. :(

my mom's non-college-educated self works in a factory called Methode & they make connector products, so i asked her how to get the pins out of the connector without breaking it since the wire was in there, and she helped me with that. (just goes to show, you can do something in the real world without college education) and my dad was working on the addition & saw me plug in the welding gun & came outside knowing i do not know how to weld without making big globs, so he did help. i'm glad he did, cuz he knows i will always try to do things myself and shortly thereafter, the swearing begins & he has to come out & rescue me from whatever disaster i've gotten myself into! :biggrin: :L
my dad's really patient & has lots of tools & a garage to work in, so i dont mind the help.

(btw, i am working full time, but i going to school part time. 3rd yr. of college for me... i do believe you need an education!)
Well, just keep up the good work! :Beer

whatsupadrian said:
the most i can get my gf to work on my car is to wash it...
Bah, I've been married 10 years and my wife hasn't washed her car once.

I have two little girls, and when they start driving, I'm going to make them learn how to work on their cars, at least being able to do tune-ups, etc. I think it's important for them to learn to be self-sufficient. Luckieleo can be their role model. I guess I'll have to buy a welder...and find someone to show me how to use it.

Dutch said:
Bah, I've been married 10 years and my wife hasn't washed her car once.

hahahhahahhahahah I can relate. :) Actually, my wife washed her LS a few weeks ago! That is the first time I ever saw her wash a car and we have been together for 14 years! She made up for it by getting a big dent in the passenger door though, so that negates that action. :) The car goes 5 years in someone elses hands and looks like new. She has it for 3 months and it gets destroyed.

luckieleo said:
my mom's non-college-educated self <deletias> (just goes to show, you can do something in the real world without college education)
Not everyone who has a college degree is educated, and not everyone without is uneducated. Given my employer, I could probably be called a traitor for saying so, but not everyone needs a college education. My mechanic, for example, doesn't need a degree to be able to work on my car--but he does need training.

One of the old saws in the Air Force is that their planes are designed by PhDs, built by people with Masters' degrees, flown by people with Bachelors' degress, and maintained by people with high-school diplomas.

Or, as Judge Smails put it so eloquently in Caddyshack, "the world needs ditch diggers, too." :)
luckieleo said:
and my dad was working on the addition & saw me plug in the welding gun & came outside knowing i do not know how to weld without making big globs, so he did help. i'm glad he did, cuz he knows i will always try to do things myself and shortly thereafter, the swearing begins & he has to come out & rescue me from whatever disaster i've gotten myself into! :biggrin: :L
Hey, there's nothing wrong with that; we've all been there at one time or another. My dad once had to drive back from Broken Arrow (on the far side of Tulsa, about 2.5 hours from Norman) to help me get my '66 Galaxie home. You wouldn't believe how heavy that bugger is, especially when it's on the side of the road at the bottom of a ravine. :)
luckieleo said:
Education is essential, regardless of whether it's in college, trade school, or the school of hard knocks. Of course, I'm partial to the college route, myself. BTW, if you're interested in law school after you graduate, I just might be able to get you in touch with someone... :)

(Before anyone gets any ideas, I'm a computer/networking guy, not a lawyer. I just happen to work for a law school.)

SoonerLS said:
Or, as Judge Smails put it so eloquently in Caddyshack, "the world needs ditch diggers, too." :)
Caddyshack is the best!! I think I can quote about 90% of that movie!! I may watch it again today after the Masters. Thanks for the chuckle.

SoonerLS said:
Not everyone who has a college degree is educated, and not everyone without is uneducated. Given my employer, I could probably be called a traitor for saying so, but not everyone needs a college education. My mechanic, for example, doesn't need a degree to be able to work on my car--but he does need training.

One of the old saws in the Air Force is that their planes are designed by PhDs, built by people with Masters' degrees, flown by people with Bachelors' degress, and maintained by people with high-school diplomas.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that; we've all been there at one time or another. My dad once had to drive back from Broken Arrow (on the far side of Tulsa, about 2.5 hours from Norman) to help me get my '66 Galaxie home. You wouldn't believe how heavy that bugger is, especially when it's on the side of the road at the bottom of a ravine. :)

Education is essential, regardless of whether it's in college, trade school, or the school of hard knocks. Of course, I'm partial to the college route, myself. BTW, if you're interested in law school after you graduate, I just might be able to get you in touch with someone... :)

(Before anyone gets any ideas, I'm a computer/networking guy, not a lawyer. I just happen to work for a law school.)

oh yeah, i'm going to school for graphic design. working in customer service full time, so after this 3rd year in college, i'm 5 classes away from getting my associates! :woowoo2:

so heres some pics of the connector that had the broken wire...
what i did was unplug the connector, cut the unplugged part off.
stripped the plastic off the wires that were left...

with the connector in hand, pulled out the pins, opened them up, placed the cut off wires inside, soldered them together with the pins, put the pins back in the connector, connected it to the other half of the yellow. & airbag was fixed...

i guess a couple pics did turn out.... here they are.. maybe they will come in handy to someone. if your airbag is out, check this piece... a wire may have been cut...if so, your in luck!!

airbag connector1.jpg

soldered wires.jpg

pins go back in here.jpg

You guys are missing the big picture... she likes to fish too...

whatsupadrian said:
the most i can get my gf to work on my car is to wash it...

Well at least you get that.. Mine has managed to spill her diet pepsi.. oh and half a hot fudge sundae..lol.. in the SAME DAY!!... needless to say i dropped her off and made her walk home..lol.. i'm kiddin..

luckieleo said:
i guess a couple pics did turn out.... here they are.. maybe they will come in handy to someone. if your airbag is out, check this piece... a wire may have been cut...if so, your in luck!!

Thanks for posting pics. Your free drawing is better than mine. :) I hate doing those lines and crap.

Thanks guys, not sure what I would do without ya'll, got the light, looked under the seat, and there it was carbon copy. red wire broken.. next weekend's project.. thanks again

This chick is off the hook..fishing, snakes, car repair, car audio shows..and she's not just cute...but hawt. Her pic on car domain is without makeup. I can only imagine her all dolled up. lol.

But congrats on fixing your car issue. Keep up the good work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back