Xenon headlamps

BlackwoodIntrigue

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew were to get affordable aftermarket Xenon headlamps for a Navigator. By Xenon I am talking about the purple/whitish lights.

BlackwoodIntrigue said:
I was wondering if anyone knew were to get affordable aftermarket Xenon headlamps for a Navigator. By Xenon I am talking about the purple/whitish lights.

Wall Mart, Pep Boys, Kragen, Ebay... their everywhere.

are there any of these typs of bulbs that won't screw up my wiring? I had put a set of over the counter bulbs in my Sable before and burned up the wiring...

xenonking.com for the best price for the real HID kit.

ebedoun said:
are there any of these typs of bulbs that won't screw up my wiring? I had put a set of over the counter bulbs in my Sable before and burned up the wiring...

Get yourself a set of Sylvania/Osram SilverStar's:

cs_osram.jpg

These are the real McCoy, once you try them you'll never use anything else. They draw the same amperage as your stock bulbs but their 30/40% whiter light.

Don't get the xenon's unless all you want is purple light, and you still can't see shiiit on the road.

The Silverstar's have a very slight blue'ish look to them from an oncoming view, but the best thing, and you'll like this one, their bright!!

Where to get them? All over the place, they even make amber and tail lights if you want those brighter too.

Mine are the dual filament type #9007, so I only need two bulbs for the front. Some other applications will need four bulbs in the front.

I happened to find mine on eBay for $25 including delivery but I've also seen them in my local WallMart for $35 a pair.

Some arguments are wandering the forums saying the genuine Osram's (made in Germany) are much brighter, than the Sylvania tagged SilverStars. I havn't seen the Osram's in action yet. Try the Sylvania's if you want bright.

Sylvania and Osram are the same manufacturer, on different continents, so I've been told.

Here's what the 9007's look like: (thanks to modernperformance.com)
silverstar9007.JPG

As for HID, sure their the funking brightest out there so far, and it must be interesting (as in strange) driving with 'em however, the slightest mis-alignment blinds everyone in their path. I havn't seen too many OEM installations mis-aligned yet, but the aftermarket installs -- wassup folks!! didn't your mamma teach you how to align a headlamp?? Duh.

You might want to look into Hoen's halogen bulbs compared to the Silverstars. I have used both and Hoen is brighter and last longer. I don't sell the 9007 on my website since I don't stock them. However, you can get them directly from Hoen for the same price I sell them for. Here is a link:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/plus.htm

If there are Lincoln guys out there that want these 9007 bulbs I can start to carry them. Gold Members get 10% off our prices.

GrayGhost1 said:
http://www.hoen-usa.com/plus.htm
If there are Lincoln guys out there that want these 9007 bulbs I can start to carry them. Gold Members get 10% off our prices.

I'm willing to give 'em a shot --
:)

Mine are about two years old so I'm sure at least one will fail soon...

I'll keep an eye on this thread...

PS:
I just noticed the Hoen connector on the ones you do carry...

What's up with that? Is there a conversion problem?

Members online

Back