X-pipe. One or two?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ugh. So I have these two x-pipes to replace my dammaged and leaking resonated x-pipe. I dont want the car to be loud or drone but dont have money to waste to try it with one and then add in a second one.

I know Jamie has a single one so he says one. Sapperfire could only afford one at the time so he says one too.
Sapperfires car aint too loud but he has 2 1/4" pipes and chambered mufflers. I have flow through Borlas so I would bet my system would be louder.

So could anyone say for sure what the sound/drone difference is between a single and a double x-pipe setup? Anyone had both on the same exhaust setup and can give a real answer to if there is a difference?

If you want drone free, do not install either one of them.
Thru-X Magnaflow mid mount muffler is what you want, especially when paired with straight thru Borla type rear mufflers.

If you want drone free, do not install either one of them.
Thru-X Magnaflow mid mount muffler is what you want, especially when paired with straight thru Borla type rear mufflers.
Thats what I have. Its a POS. Within a week the case cracked and then shortly after a hole appeared in it. Magnaflow wont warrenty it directly and I wont deal with SCP any more after the ball joint thing.

Thats what I have. Its a POS. Within a week the case cracked and then shortly after a hole appeared in it. Magnaflow wont warrenty it directly and I wont deal with SCP any more after the ball joint thing.

That's a first I hear of this happening to a magnaflow muffler. But I guess it's all possible if it's coming from SCP ;)

Its a shame cause I really liked the sound before it broke. :(

I am guessing another Magnaflow dealer will not do the Warranty for you?
Thats what Magnaflow said to do but thats BS. I am not going to a shop I didnt buy something from to have them fix it for me for free. I am suprised Magnaflow wouldnt let me just handle it through them.

But I dont think its a quality part and dont wanna replace it again in 3 months.

Dude,...just put both on there...curvy air moves slower...quieter...don't put another muffler there. You have a clearance issue aleady

Curvy air? You been reading the tornado ads again? :lol:

If anything it should speed the air up with the scavenging effect. I am wanting to cancel out certain frequencies and don't know if a double x is better at that then a single.

I have had the X pipe and took mine out and just I went and had a dual in dual out Delta Flowmaster put on in place of the 3rd cat and I 'm happy as can be.;)

I have had the X pipe and took mine out and just I went and had a dual in dual out Delta Flowmaster put on in place of the 3rd cat and I 'm happy as can be.;)
Now that would have been a damn good idea. Wish I would have thought of that.

Was much cheaper to only mount one so thats all I had them do. Sounds great to me, about the same as when the Magnaflow was brand new. Its a HUGE improvment over what it was with all that drone and exhaust fumes.

So I have a spare x-pipe if anyone wants one for cheap. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back