WTB Airbag clockspring

What are they from Max? I work with airbags and thier components damn near everyday, and I can tell you, it's not worth it to work with used parts like the clockspring.

I have'nt pulled a VIII unit out, but usually there are a couple of steps required to get everything lined up correctly. This is just my thought tho.

Mike

60 ish..

when i pulled the motor out, someone spun the steering wheel around a few times when it wasnt hooked up to the rack anymore..

you need to pull the steering wheel to get at it right? Since you know that stuff alot better than i do, when i get one, would you mind helping me get it in there correctly?

Are you getting an airbag light? If not, you may be able to re-align everything and save the money. If the spring is'nt snapped you SHOULD be ok. I'll try to get the Mitchell R&I directions tomorrow and post them for you.

Mike

yep.. code 3-2, high resistance drivers module or something like that..
its snapped, you can hear it crunching around in there when the wheel is turned.

Part# F7LZ 14A664 AA, $69.27 Mitchell is calling for 1.4 hours to R&I. Normally, when you buy a new clockspring, they come with the instructions in the box to align them properly.

Mike

94m5 said:
Part# F7LZ 14A664 AA, $69.27 Mitchell is calling for 1.4 hours to R&I. Normally, when you buy a new clockspring, they come with the instructions in the box to align them properly.

Mike

awesome!
thank you very much.

I just replaced my entire steering column. The clockspring replacement is a piece of cake, it has alingment instructions drawn on it. Should take less than 1 hour, most of the time you're going to be fighting to get that darn steering wheel off.

clockspring part

I have a column and a clockspring and a multifunction switch from a 98 mark if you still have not found one.
I am looking for a passenger side front wheel sensor from a 97 or 98
Clarence at marsdenc@bellsouth.net

I got one a long time ago, got it from the dealer, 60 some bucks..
the car has since left my posession, so its all a moot point now anyway

Members online

Back