Would you buy this over the MKS?

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The 2010 Buick Lacrosse- I hate to say it, but personally, I think it looks better than the MKS. The interior looks great. They really copied the MKS' waterfall grille however.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-buick-lacrosse-spy-shots-ii/1046343/

It looks like GM is even matching it up against the MKS, as they've positioned the Lacrosse next to the MKS in several pictures. However, they'll probably screw it up by giving the Buick a 4 spd tranny. It's very Lexus GS-ish, but the size is a little smaller than the MKS- I think that size is a little more ideal.

I don't like Buicks. Period.

What do you think of that new Hyundai Genesis? Seems Hyundai have 'upped their game' and may also be worthy of consideration in this segment. (assuming one can live with a 'rib tickling' from the neighbors about the badge - Lol)

I don't like Buicks. Period.

What do you think of that new Hyundai Genesis? Seems Hyundai have 'upped their game' and may also be worthy of consideration in this segment. (assuming one can live with a 'rib tickling' from the neighbors about the badge - Lol)

I don't like the current Buicks- they pretend to be upscale, but all the plastic dressed as faux wood is revolting. They're definitely copying the MKS- see that stitched suede over the dash?

The new Genesis is ok- not really a fan of the interior driver's layout though.

I wouldn't buy any of them. Hyundai has it's stigma of cheap Korean crap which no matter how nice they become, they will always be economy cars. Buicks around here are only driven by senior citizens. And for all the buzz about the MKS before it came out, I'm not seeing much buzz about it now and I've seen 2 on the road so far and barely noticed them.

reminds me of the Buick Riviera from the passenger side

I wouldn't buy any of them. Hyundai has it's stigma of cheap Korean crap which no matter how nice they become, they will always be economy cars. Buicks around here are only driven by senior citizens. And for all the buzz about the MKS before it came out, I'm not seeing much buzz about it now and I've seen 2 on the road so far and barely noticed them.

I think it's the economy. I haven't noticed any new large cars around my neighborhood, save for the new Ford Focuses and Mini-Coopers that are selling like hotcakes.

Mmm, hotcakes.

Members online

Back