Worst Dealership!!!

This was big news this past summer - they have more complaints than any other dealership in the US. I guess in TN it is legal for the dealership to back out like that. Really SUX!

Virginia has a 3 day right of rescission on some loans so both parties can back out - mostly mortgage refinance, 2nd and 3rd trusts dont know about car loans.

Wow that would piss me off. He took that really well. I'd be in that dealership getting my truck back in some way shape or form.

They have another dealership in Memphis, and I got nothing but crap from them when I was looking for my Land Rover replacement. Not only did it take a half hour of walking in the blazing summer sun for a salesman to approach me, but they wouldn't even let me test drive the thing. I guess when you're only 19, you're not serious enough to be looking for a car. I'd understand if it was a brand new $30,000 SUV, but it was a $12,000 one year old Monte Carlo SS with a dent already in the bumper. I politely informed that that they would recieve none of my business and they would be getting nothing but bad reviews from me.

My question is, if he has a legal contract and a set of keys, why doesn't he just go get the thing? If nothing else, I would have someone go test drive it for me and bring it to my house. Then I'd kick the salesman out of the vehicle and go hide it somewhere. Let them try and pursue it through legal matters at their expense and see how far they get.

mholhut said:
Steal the truck off the lot, then drive it through his showroom windows.
...says the resident cop. ;)

That story is just unbelievable. We had a couple of shady dealers around here (one Cadillac, one Dodge), but they both eventually got what was coming to them. The Dodge dealership was notorious for its high-pressure sales tactics; I know one person who had to threaten to call the cops to get his keys back, and another friend threatened to drive through the exit gate on their lot and send them the repair bill if they didn't open it. They also set some sort of sales record (something like 3,000 vehicles one month), and in the course of doing so managed to "lose" almost 300 of them--they just disappeared.

I don't remember exactly what the Cadilac dealer did, but it involved a city cop's wife, "permanently loaned" cars, and a court settlement that prevented him from ever selling cars again...

Even those scum-suckers never tried anything quite that brazen...

Members online

Back