wireing in subs

TOPHERMAYNARD

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 ls sport and was wondering if anyone could tell me where i can wire in a line out converter and remote for my subs, and if there was a wire color code list out there.
:dj:

early mornings

sorry for the spelling error i work night shift and i was half asleep when i wrote the original post
:Bang

not sure of the color codes but my converter was wired into the rear 6x9s

rear 6x9's will work... if you need help on wiring in the amp/ L.o.c/ let me know

posten this on the other thread.

You don't need a line out converter if you have the audiophile system. That system already has low level outputs... Infact the low level outputs are already ran to your trunk. Modify the wire harness that your rear deck subs were plugged into...

The RCA will share a common ground... which is not going to do very well for sheilding. Also the DSP will limit your volume on the amp because the crossover is built into your HU

Heres how you would do your job...

yellow/red wire will be your remote wire to amp...

red wire is your hot wire which i don't recommend using for an aftermarket amp its just so small, run a new wire directly from your batter which is already in the trunk so it will be piece of cake. Make sure you keep that wire insolated so that it doesn't short on the stray grounded metal in your trunk.

white/red wire will be the core of the Left RCA, the sheild will be the black wire wrapped in what looks like tape, keep in mind that that will be shared with the right RCA.

grey/red wire will be the right core for your RCA, remember it will share the same sheild as your left wire.

Black wire (not the sheild) will obviously be the ground wire. again i recommend just running a new ground...

whatsupadrian said:
posten this on the other thread.

You don't need a line out converter if you have the audiophile system. That system already has low level outputs... Infact the low level outputs are already ran to your trunk. Modify the wire harness that your rear deck subs were plugged into...

Audiophile option was not available for Sport models. No rear amp / no rear subs / no wiring in the rear....

i do have the speakers in the back, and it wired in fine except that the remote would not turn on my amp. so i wired in to the rear window power and it works great now thanks guys.
:invasion:

Members online

No members online now.
Back