Wire Set

CSimonGo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Been looking over some of the thread history, and am trying to understand some of the information.

What should I be looking for in a good set of wires for my ride ?

Please keep in mind that the car is totally stock at this point.

If you could provide part numbers and where they may be acquired it would be of great assistance.

Thanks

MonsterMark said:
FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Parts) in 9mm blue look pretty nice.

Would you happen to know which ones fit the Mark VIII ?

Eh....I personally don't have a use for any hotter spark just yet. Although it is a good price compared to others I don't see the need for 200 dollar wires. You can get a set of MSD 8mm for around 90 bucks.

All kinds of companies make them, just look for 96-98 cobra wires.

Mike

94m5 said:
Eh....I personally don't have a use for any hotter spark just yet. Although it is a good price compared to others I don't see the need for 200 dollar wires. You can get a set of MSD 8mm for around 90 bucks.

All kinds of companies make them, just look for 96-98 cobra wires.

Mike

Again, its about the fact these are the only wire that will deliver rwhp, combined with a lifetime warranty for $199.00 to install them and forget them and have a 100,000 watt spark to boot, there great.

They burn 95% of the combustion chamber contents, its not about needing an extra or hotter spark, thats not what they are about although thats what they deliver, its about the fact they are so extrememly efficient and produce better mileage too, so they pay for themselves from the mpg increase.

I have heard too much bad stuff about Nology wires arcing all over and such and causing misfires and from what I hear there lifetime warranty is just that the wires work arcing and stuff dont count just that electricity flows from 1 side to the other. I do not know if any of this is true but I know I wont be buying these wires to find out myself.

Just my 2 cents

Hey Klutch, I just started a new thread asking about the longevity of this wire set. I'm with you on this one. I don't want to spend $200-300 on a wire set that won't last at least 100,000 miles or somewhere close to that without them giving problems. I just asked about longevity experience. It might help us both out!

Members online

No members online now.
Back