wire rims on a ls?

I know man, I have been driving my cuz's 91 Brougham for about a month 4 years ago. That ride was sick, 20" 150 spoke chromes, 62000miles, silver with burgandy leather, no tint, bangin system, the most important that it was very, very fresh. I wish I had some pictures of it. I fell in love with those Caddies after that. A lot of pull overs though.

CobraConti said:
yo thats what im talking about. That :q:q:q:q is hott! You get props in the hood for pushin that. Trust me.

J3FF said:
Maybe you can paint your car red and diamond plate your "GRRRIILLLLL" and emblems, then on top of that, hydrolics, gold door trim, a gold hood orniment, then those goofy ass gold wires, and dont forget the red cloth bench seat and pink fuzzy Dice!! Oh hey, chop the top too! Oh one more thing!! Gold plate your bumpers and get gold trim around all the lights! Oh wait it just gets better...don't forget the Cassette player!!

actually that would be hott on an 80's caddy!!!!!!!

I wanna find a super clean 91 or 92 car. I had seen couple before on ebay for good prices. There are still some around.

CobraConti said:
actually that would be hott on an 80's caddy!!!!!!!

See if the shop has any that fit, try them on (in chrome not gold) and post it up. We might change our minds. You never know.

Here are some pictures of a Jaguar S-type on 20" Daytons. I think there will be some available for the LS too if they are available for the Jag. Check out the pictures, I think looks sweet.

2074381_2_full.jpg

2074381_1_full.jpg

i agree that does look nice.

i think when people thought of wire rims they thought i was gonna put some 13's on and have them stick out or something.. but yea that jag looks good

hahhaa nice answer!!!

I said it before and i will say it again.WIRE RIMS SUCK!!!!

aserrano said:
hahhaa nice answer!!!

I said it before and i will say it again.WIRE RIMS SUCK!!!!

:waving: If u said it once, why would u say it again?

I wouldn't mind having a set of daytons to put on my LS once in a while. They would look hot.

Now, now children, don't fight. Wire rims just wouldn't look good IMO, I was always for 5 spokes, and BBS type rims. I mean hey, I could be wrong and they actually look good, but I doubt it. If you feel like trying, just go for it. Or you could have the shop put them on, and you take pics of it and we'll give you better feedback. I'm sure as long as you dont try to drive the car, they'll let you try them on for size.

I'd agree with J3ff; wire wheels looks great on some cars (like a '63 T-Bird Sports Roadster), but they don't match the character of the LS.

Also, something to consider is the fact that many (if not all) wire wheels have to run with innertubes, rather than with tubeless tires--it's difficult to seal around all the spoke holes in the rim. An acquaintance with wire wheels on his MG also says that they look great, but they're a big pain to get balanced--most of the tire shops with which he's dealt didn't know how to properly balance them. I think he wound up having to go to a motorcycle shop to get them properly balanced.

But in the end, it's your car; if you like 'em, go for it. Best of luck, either way! :Beer

SoonerLS said:
I'd agree with J3ff; wire wheels looks great on some cars (like a '63 T-Bird Sports Roadster), but they don't match the character of the LS.

Also, something to consider is the fact that many (if not all) wire wheels have to run with innertubes, rather than with tubeless tires--it's difficult to seal around all the spoke holes in the rim. An acquaintance with wire wheels on his MG also says that they look great, but they're a big pain to get balanced--most of the tire shops with which he's dealt didn't know how to properly balance them. I think he wound up having to go to a motorcycle shop to get them properly balanced.

But in the end, it's your car; if you like 'em, go for it. Best of luck, either way! :Beer

Thank You!! You hit the nail right in the neck!!!

I'm not sure about the classic spoke rims, but what about Weds Bavaria II in 19 inch, chrome?

Bavaria II.jpg

yea, those are some nice wheels man... I like em.

KD00LS said:
I'm not sure about the classic spoke rims, but what about Weds Bavaria II in 19 inch, chrome?

KD00LS said:

Now, those are nice wheels. Those are not considered wires.

Members online

Back