Wipers Won't Park

John Hubertz

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
A friend was driving my 1994 mark and on one of these -10 degree days decided it would be wise to attempt to not only start the car that cold, but then cycle the windshield wipers to free them from their iced-in-place position.

Net result is the wipers don't park - stay either straight up or halfway - and I'm not happy.

Otherwise they work fine.

Is it likely the sprocket with rotating inner cylinder duhickey that I've seen on other posts? I despise repairing for other's idiotic actions - my own idiotic actions tend to result in a sufficiency of necessary repairs.

Duhickey:

wiper-mechanism.jpg

Idiotic actions:

idiot.jpg

that happens to me sometimes too. ive noticed that if i play with the speedsa little bit, theyll eventually go down. very annoying though

hmmmmm and What pray tell IS a cam switch?

Hmmmmm?

4090b.jpg

(snerkle) *(quick google search) "cam switch"

welcome back john, its most likely the arm (contains the one way clutch) but is hard to find on its own, usually comes with a new motor

Just to give you an idea..... New one is 208.26 and a reman one is 163.00 retail.

Ahemm. Some fool I won't give the courtesy or honor of even NAMING or quoting told a genuine concerned fellow mk8 owner to STFU. If you wish to add to the mockery I recommend dog the rest of his days you might scroll up a coupla posts. I'm a Kentucky Colonel sir, own a white suit, and thus due to the late great Colonel Sanders, know ch*ckensh*t when I see and or meet it. You are a ch*ckensh*t. No wait - that mocks the fine Hoosier corn they ate, that a Kentucky man wouldn't feed to a hog. Disrespect the soil when crapped, it does. Too good for YOU though, Sir. (does some thinking, and has another julep poured by a doting mark viii admirer that stayed for breakfast this morning). (thankya thar, cindi-lu)
I will however, shoot you with my rifle. (retrieves from porch corner next to his outdoor upholstered couch upon which he is reflecting on this... "man".... inspects barrel and runs a patch through... ) Ahhhhh.... hell. (sighs) (noticed jug was a smidge low of kentucky fireball gun cleaner). (takes a pull) Wouldn't due to shoot you with a dirty gun - hell, didn't realize how fouled the world was till you showed up.
HOWEVER, if I DID quote and comment, I would say this to the b*st*rd:
(decides not to waste the powder and instead takes a verbal shot)
(places mint julep carefully down on stump)
Excuse me, but those low beams, must be awfully dim.
Mafiosa? OMG if my business partner saw that comment he'd kill you on GPs. Just for YOU to claim possession of anything so... Roman Catholic, let alone italian.
Methinks there may have been a mixup - you are aware sir, that regardless of badge, real mark viiis spin their BACK wheels? And you are easy to handle my way around, because obviously you forgot to turn in the "won the Neil and Bob lookalike contest" points you got at the gay bar last night. Thus, the front snow tires on your yugo with a Lincoln badge are still in need of replacement, you spun your frontsies and got in the way of real men!
Shirley, I hope that wasn't really a Mark cuz with you in it I just passed a paragraph back smoking against the wall.... I'd not rely on that thing to make it home. Carsick. As in, you buy cars and it makes them sick every time you hop in. Besides, does your Mom let you drive it on big people roads? That's just not right!
Nice spin though. Ooooh! That'll leave some grass up your *ss. (oh GAWD I looked at his CAR now I gotta go wipe off my eyeballs.) Low beams indeed. Matches your dimwatt brain.
Where they kicked you out - for not even being polite enough to be a raging queen. Nice panties though.
I found value in the race cars mention - as SEVERAL of my friends who race HAVE MARK 8 shells.

D*mm*ss
You want flame? Heh. (with a gentle pfft blows out the dim candle that illuminates his sorry existence)
The Honorable Col. John E. Hubertz
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Come get more!

Holy chickenpoop, I want some of what john is smoking.

Well done John, I bow to your southern gentlemenness sir.

Ahemm. Some fool I won't give the courtesy or honor of even NAMING or quoting told a genuine concerned fellow mk8 owner to STFU. If you wish to add to the mockery I recommend dog the rest of his days you might scroll up a coupla posts. I'm a Kentucky Colonel sir, own a white suit, and thus due to the late great Colonel Sanders, know ch*ckensh*t when I see and or meet it. You are a ch*ckensh*t. No wait - that mocks the fine Hoosier corn they ate, that a Kentucky man wouldn't feed to a hog. Disrespect the soil when crapped, it does. Too good for YOU though, Sir. (does some thinking, and has another julep poured by a doting mark viii admirer that stayed for breakfast this morning). (thankya thar, cindi-lu)
I will however, shoot you with my rifle. (retrieves from porch corner next to his outdoor upholstered couch upon which he is reflecting on this... "man".... inspects barrel and runs a patch through... ) Ahhhhh.... hell. (sighs) (noticed jug was a smidge low of kentucky fireball gun cleaner). (takes a pull) Wouldn't due to shoot you with a dirty gun - hell, didn't realize how fouled the world was till you showed up.
HOWEVER, if I DID quote and comment, I would say this to the b*st*rd:
(decides not to waste the powder and instead takes a verbal shot)
(places mint julep carefully down on stump)
Excuse me, but those low beams, must be awfully dim.
Mafiosa? OMG if my business partner saw that comment he'd kill you on GPs. Just for YOU to claim possession of anything so... Roman Catholic, let alone italian.
Methinks there may have been a mixup - you are aware sir, that regardless of badge, real mark viiis spin their BACK wheels? And you are easy to handle my way around, because obviously you forgot to turn in the "won the Neil and Bob lookalike contest" points you got at the gay bar last night. Thus, the front snow tires on your yugo with a Lincoln badge are still in need of replacement, you spun your frontsies and got in the way of real men!
Shirley, I hope that wasn't really a Mark cuz with you in it I just passed a paragraph back smoking against the wall.... I'd not rely on that thing to make it home. Carsick. As in, you buy cars and it makes them sick every time you hop in. Besides, does your Mom let you drive it on big people roads? That's just not right!
Nice spin though. Ooooh! That'll leave some grass up your *ss. (oh GAWD I looked at his CAR now I gotta go wipe off my eyeballs.) Low beams indeed. Matches your dimwatt brain.
Where they kicked you out - for not even being polite enough to be a raging queen. Nice panties though.
I found value in the race cars mention - as SEVERAL of my friends who race HAVE MARK 8 shells.

D*mm*ss
You want flame? Heh. (with a gentle pfft blows out the dim candle that illuminates his sorry existence)
The Honorable Col. John E. Hubertz
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Come get more!
:eek:

Nobody was calling you an idiot, Mr Hubertz.

Go back and read again.

He was calling the person he quoted an idiot.

Indeed, Blue on Blue, I am aware I was responding to his reply to a valuable bit of input from earlier. Knowing as I do that anyone with a mind sharp enough to make such a good "race car" suggestion would not waste the time to repond, I took up the task as the thread originator. I simply hope I am worthy for such a task. The race car thought is excellent as so many use our engines in their rides. Lots of low mile wiper-bearing shells around here.
AND look at what ELSE he gave us! An opportunity to chase a skunk out from under the washing machine on the porch before Mom gets home!
A good idea regarding the wipers was made even better by the idiot-quail it flushed! And now...fun being had by all. Even a goat in the garden is a treat if you have a good dog.
Fun to watch, fun to listen too - good for the dog.
Regarding the opportunity to share my near-lifelong state of mind, sadly, I must place that on "the list". As despite nearly a decade of in-house testing of our long-hoped for Kentucky 5 leaf bluegrass, that is at a standstill since the final product and endorsement is still awaiting approval from my friend, Mr. Natural.
Fat Freddies cat keeps eating the UPS bag. The only cat I ever met who chased brown trucks. Only brown trucks.
Don't even ASK about the vegan piranha program, or the cheap headlight project - although I do now have led chinese piranha and vegan d*mn headlights as my chrome is growing MOSS inside the housings now!

Sadly sir, the Kentucky 5 leaf bluegrass project is still awaiting approval from my friend, Mr. Natural.

Fat Freddies cat keeps eating the UPS bag.

Don't even ASK about the vegan piranha program, or the cheap headlight project - although I do now have cheap chinese piranha and vegan d*mn headlights as my chrome is growing MOSS inside the housings now!

I really have no clue what you are babbling about now...

Members online

No members online now.
Back