Wiper Blades

I have rain X latitudes and have yet to have any issues. They work just fine for me

I bought some Goodyear Assurance blades from Costco for $7.99 a piece and they have been working good for a few months. I think they are better than the Rainx Latitudes I had on for over a year.

http://mplink.com/_goodyear/?mid=main

I see this thread right after I bought the Rain-x wipers from Walmart for 8 bucks. Hope I get lucky

For $8, I think you fine either way. The more expensive one's I've tried and ended up wasting money on were near $20 each. (maybe more?)

Like I said, now the ones I use are about $3-4 from walmart. I was so happy with them over the summer on the LS, I put them on the wifes Focus and my Suburban. I use the wipers almost everytime I get in the car, I hit the washer just to get the layer of dust off the windshield. Its been 5 months now we're getting snow and they still work great!

I got special wipers for my mark I forget what they are called but they contour to the windshield, and are silicone. No metal at all in it. If you take the wiper of it bends into a circle pretty much. My truck I got the ones it came with from the dealer in 1998 and they still work great no screeches or smears

Another vote for the frameless rain-x blades being severely overpriced garbage. Driver's side has huge streaks from non-contact at the top. Passenger side is okay. Only a couple months old. The cheap Anco's last at least a year, usually two, and wipe clean right until the blade falls off the frame.

Another huge negative on the rain-x is how far they stick up... hideous. Store was out of Anco's last time so I bought the framed cheaper rain-x but have not installed yet. Want to rain-x windshield first.

I see this thread right after I bought the Rain-x wipers from Walmart for 8 bucks. Hope I get lucky

Man these schmitty wipers are streaking already. Cleans fine when they up but streak when they go back down.

Make sure they are contacting fully.. I have the Contours (pretty much the same thing) and on my Ranger, there wasn't enough force to hold them down.. This was due to weak springs/rust building up in the pivot point.. I used Royal Purple's MaxiFilm (I think that's what it is called) and they don't streak anymore.. I tried WD-40 and it works for like 3-4 days.. Royal Purple's stuff lasts for a good amount of time..

+ 1 on crappy Rain -x. I'm going to replace them with those triple edge silicone blades Thursday . I was just complaining about this today with all the rain we got in Ohio !

I've been using Michelin wipers for the last few years and love them. They have some newer higher end kind out now, but i'm still using the regulars.

I have had the Contours on the Lincoln since the first week I had it (almost 2 years) and on the Ranger for 2 months.. Never any problems.. You do pay for them though.. 20 a piece.. :eek:

I bought some Goodyear Assurance blades from Costco for $7.99 a piece and they have been working good for a few months. I think they are better than the Rainx Latitudes I had on for over a year.

http://mplink.com/_goodyear/?mid=main

I have them as well. Had them a while, I forget but at least six months. Driver's side is starting to streak right in the middle. I tried a few other brands and these seem to be just as good as any and not bad at $8.

Members online

Back