Wiper Blades

CrackerJack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought some Rain-X blades last year, didnt replace them this year because it sat all winter in the garage. But these blades honestly suck for this car. The passenger side wiper has to be moved by hand to get onto the windshield, otherwise it sits on the body of the car. The "profile" blade thing really just gets screwed up by the wind at highway speeds and doesnt hit the whole windshield and has blurry spots. So, what wiper blades are being recommended and what windshield treat should I go with? My last rain-x application must have screwed up because now when it gets wet it just shows the swirl marks :(

Through the big name and fancy packages, Rain-X wiper blades really suck. I bought some for my wife's LS. The driver's side had a streak so bad I returned it for warranty replacement. The replacement was only slightly better. They only worked good for about three months. I sent a bitch e-mail to Rain-x and never got a reply. For the premium price they charge, they are beyond junk. I bought a cheap set of Annco wipers, and they have worked great for the last 5 months.

Id have to agree with that statement, worked great for the 2 months I had them last year, this year they just sucked right out of the gate. Ive heard Bosche blades thrown around on here before, any input?

I have the Rain X Latitude wiper blades on mine. They work great.
I went through couple different sets, such as Anco, Bosch, the regular Rain X ones and they all sucked. Every single one of them made screetching sound, even in a heavy rain and didn't do a good job at cleaning.

My Rain X wipers are horrible. I've noticed they have a hard time forming to the windshield on the passenger side edge.

Tripledge silicon blades, I get about five years out of them even here in the high desert with the hot summer and snow winter. I have read good things about PIAA silicon blades but have not tried them.

i have had great luck with my rain X blades (the ones without the metal frame) going on 14-15 mo with no problems, clears the water off real good and keeps the glass clear, they even work great at hwy speeds (which is where ive had the worse luck in the past)

but then again im one of the few people that actually like their auto wipers

Autozone

Went to autozone the other day and they had these new blades, can't remember the name, came in a light blue package, full blades, not refills. They were the cheapest I've ever found, $5.99 per blade! Thought what the hell, I'll give them a try, wow, very nice, quiet, smooth. Never will buy anco, trico, or rainx again.

we sell bosch in the quick lube at my dealer ship they work great last a very long time and dont have a huge cost, they are 19.99 for a pair in the quick lube not sure what auto-zone or other places want for them though.

im currently using the bosch icons and i cant recommend then. i was actually excited to put them on and use em but sadly they suck for me. the pass side works flawlessly but the drivers side always leaves about a 3" streak half way across the window on the way down. kinda disappointed really but i guess some people have luck with em. another wiper i was looking at were the rain-x's at a similar price point.

I usually buy cheaper ones, I tried the Rain X and was also dissapointed, they are absolutely not worth it to me.

I use the cheap ones now, they work great and when they wear out I don't have to worry about spending 40-50 bucks on new ones.

Which reminds me... They wore out.... and I'm low on wiper fluid so the message center tells me.

I use the cheap ones now, they work great and when they wear out I don't have to worry about spending 40-50 bucks on new ones.

That the conclusion I came to as well, after some experimentation.

I had rain-x as well and they sucked. I had them replaced at jiffy lube. These new ones are great. I cant remember the exact name but its something aero. They have the standard cheap blades and the more expensive aero blades.

I've had Motorcraft ones on for ages; they hold up very well.

Bosch - I have found spending more money is a waist. I have been very happy with Bosch blades.

I've previously used the Bosch Icons, and they worked well; the last few sets of blades I've bought were the Rain-X Latitudes, and they've worked well for me. Well, except for yesterday, when I installed new ones--the driver's side blade was smearing like nobody's business. Turns out that in my haste to install the new blades before going to work, I'd forgotten to remove the plastic shipping guard on the driver's side wiper...:slam

At any rate, the Latitudes and Icons appear to be substantially the same, but the Latitudes cost less.

Well, except for yesterday, when I installed new ones--the driver's side blade was smearing like nobody's business. Turns out that in my haste to install the new blades before going to work, I'd forgotten to remove the plastic shipping guard on the driver's side wiper...:slam

At any rate, the Latitudes and Icons appear to be substantially the same, but the Latitudes cost less.

Lol same thing happened to me when i bought my rain-x latitudes.

but in my defense it was night, it was raining, and i put them on in the walmart parking lot.

On the drive home (like 10 minutes), i was like WTF these things suck, but when i got home i discovered the plastic

its been 4 months now and they're still working excellent.

I usually buy the cheap ones, they work fine and I replace them often anyway.

I see this thread right after I bought the Rain-x wipers from Walmart for 8 bucks. Hope I get lucky

Members online

No members online now.
Back