winter project...

LSGhost

LVC Member
Reaction score
so basicly winter is here and i got few things on my mind that i want done by spring time im thinking i want to do a 4:10s swap and a 75 to 100 shot of nitrus i was also thinking a cam mod but idk yet ill deff have a custome exhaust by the summer too but i was wondering what im getting into with the gears and what kind of rear end does the LS have stock its a 2001 lincoln ls v8 sport

Well then read it when you get off. Its going to take you longer to sit here and wait for people to reply than it would to have just read the thread.:)

You want us to do the work for you too?

If you're going to do such a mod, invest the time into researching it before you kill yourself and/or others.

that first post is tough tough to read.....

start by asking 'what are your goals'? - then match the performance mods to that.

You want us to do the work for you too?

If you're going to do such a mod, invest the time into researching it before you kill yourself and/or others.

I agree. If you don't have the time to do a little looking around for tech threads that have already covered this then how will you find the time to actually to it? Effort speak volumes here. If your not willing to grit it out and look around for this stuff then you may not have what it takes to do the actual swap when it comes time. Best of luck with the project. The information is here and there is plenty of it. Take a peek around and I am sure that all of your questions will be answered.

my goal is to have my car pull alot more and u cant get that out of intake and exhaust with these cars so basicly im trying to see if i can just take out my stock gears and put in some 4:10s spray a little nitrus when needed and have a nice flowing exhaust to sound mean and help out the performance a little im not trying to read a whole page about a differential i think i might just put ina c clip eliminater if possible

my goal is to have my car pull alot more and u cant get that out of intake and exhaust with these cars so basicly im trying to see if i can just take out my stock gears and put in some 4:10s spray a little nitrus when needed and have a nice flowing exhaust to sound mean and help out the performance a little im not trying to read a whole page about a differential i think i might just put ina c clip eliminater if possible

If only it was that easy.

you would need a solid axle to install a c clip eliminator..

you have a 8 inch rear not a 8.8 so there are no gear swaps... you need a 8.8 out of a lincoln mark 8... and a custom cross member to mount it in the 8 inch diff location...

oh yea and a custom drive line...no how hard was that guys

no body uses the damn search engine because you have to go through 100 post about using the damn search engine before you find what your looking for..

Last edited:
well what ever it takes to get my car moving is getting done with or with out help from you guys thanks

We are here to help you but you got to start helping yourself. People such as myself, Jason, Quik LS and so on have done this stuff before and have posted extensively on it in MANY various threads. I am not about to write another dissertation on this stuff just for you. If you want the information it is out there and is easy enough to find. Do a simple search and stop expecting that this information be handed to you on a silver platter. If you want to make this intended project of yours work then you have to put forth some effort. I can guarantee that you will not find another site with better tech info resources for what you want to do than this one but the decision is yours. Hell, feel lucky that all you have to do is hit the search button and read what those of us have already done through many many hours of personal work and development.

ok this time it was a sticky every other time its not... it took me 10 seconds to type out what i did... it would have taken him 3 weeks to get through all the damn bull :q:q:q:q threads on a search.... every thread he would have looked at for the first 5 pages would have been do a search and you will get the info you want

As I've stated before: I can't express how happy I am that some of you guys have put forth the effort on some of these great mods. I am very grateful that I can easily learn from your experiences by simply clicking the search button. Or, as was pointed out earlier just looking at the stickies. I never would have gotten my direct exhaust injection working if it wasn't for the help and support of this forum.

ok this time it was a sticky every other time its not... it took me 10 seconds to type out what i did... it would have taken him 3 weeks to get through all the damn bull :q:q:q:q threads on a search.... every thread he would have looked at for the first 5 pages would have been do a search and you will get the info you want

I am not trying to sound like a jerk but if you learn to better use the search function (cross reference the right words in the correct subforum) it will make things much easier. It usually takes me no more than 2 searches tops before I find what I am looking for on almost any given forum.

Also, that 10 seconds doesn't provide the whole picture of a project of this nature. For this guy to really understand what is and is not involved it would be much better if he actually went to the thread and read what was already discussed and explained in great detail. He may even read questions that others previously posed that could answer any future questions he has.

I think the bottom line of why people posted "use the search" is because people have to help us help them. That is how this stuff works. Cannot expect those of us whom are much more knowledgeable to no only do all the work but then continuously re-pass out the results as other's whim.

Members online

No members online now.
Back