winch for the trailer

Gilby959798

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well the engineer in me came out. I got the winch and decided that this is the way I'm going to go.

BOX.jpg

It's going to cost some money but there is no reason for me to get a new car trailer, I know how it's going to be wired and I doubt anyone will need to use the trailer without my supervision.

Im going to have a custom box made, if you look at the side view (middle lower on the drawing) the cyan is the box and purple is the trailer so it can be bolted to the trailer and the winch will be mounted to the heavy c channel at the front of the deck.

Looks good but its nice to have it flush with the deck so there is effectively more deck space.
Like so the nose of a car can be there.

Looks good but its nice to have it flush with the deck so there is effectively more deck space.
Like so the nose of a car can be there.

So far, I have not had an issue with the car hanging over the front of the deck, I have had cars as big as Brent's 70 Cyclone and my wife's 08 Taurus on it. I might throw the old GMC on there to see if it will work with how I have it layed out. I am only using 4" of the deck for the tool box since everything else will be over the tongue.

did Michael get you the pictures of ours. got the winch installed. and new wiring and track locks.

looks like fun.

having winched and drug a number of cars onto trailers, the most recent time i did it was with an electric winch and was fantastic. i don't see how people do without.

2012-11-12182435.jpg

2012-11-12182532.jpg

Ours probably has a longer tounge than yours John, but a full size box fits very well, and doubles as a road spray/gravel gaurd for the towed vehicle.

I bought an under rail truck box from my neighbor that will work perfectly. I was thinking the same thing about the road crap guard.... Now to figure out the mounting of it and if I want to modify it to mount the winch inside or not.

Staff online

Members online

Back