Why do you like this car?

I'm trading my LS for an MkS. It gets dirty when it rains (forcing me to wash it), runs out of gas too often (forcing me to pay ~$70 for a tank of gas) and needs oil changes (synthetic ain't cheap, either!)!

Ford engineers sure don't have a clue!

An old guy ran over my bike in a parking lot a few years ago. Totaled it, not hard to do with a Harley. Anyway his insurance company gave me a loaner for a month and it was a brand new 2004 Lincoln LS V8, black with gray leather. It ran and sounded great. I vowed I would have one. I do and for the life of me I cannot figure out why I wanted this thing. It has had a myriad of issues from overheating, to overheating and even some overheating. I see this a lot, so I let it sit in the garage trying to keep some miles off it while I rode my bikes. Went to crank it today and all the electronics were screwed up and I have to assume because the battery was low. Why in the world would you want one of these?

Will only comment on my experience. My LS was a complete money pit. The looks are nice, but quality is pitiful. Never owned another car that had so many different things go bad, and odd things at that. Dont know if it was bad engineering or bad quality parts but the LS is very prone to things breaking. And the parts are very expensive to replace, whether you do the work yourself or take to the dealer. I had a co-worker that had a T-Bird, essentially same car as the LS and it also was always getting fixed. Get an MKS ;)

+1

and make 50000 threads about how much better it is than the LS in the LS forums

Atleast i'll be spending $0.00 on repairs. Cant say that with your LS. And it'll only get worse with age. Good Luck!!

Atleast i'll be spending $0.00 on repairs. Cant say that with your LS. And it'll only get worse with age. Good Luck!!

$0.00 in repairs? You must be driving the only car in the world that will not need repairs...my apologies, i didnt know.

$0.00 in repairs? You must be driving the only car in the world that will not need repairs...my apologies, i didnt know.

Oh, it will need repairs. But its called a "Warranty". $0.00 spent, Plus free rental during repairs. As i have tried to explain i went with the MKS because of the deal i got. The dealer i took my LS to for service, and probably spent a good $6k in repairs over 5 years, i have an old buddy from high school who is their sales manager. So i got the inferior crackerbox MKS because of the the ability of getting hooked up with a great sales package. Dropped the price a little, got me an ultra low interest rate, included their top of the line pre-certified extended warranty after the factory one expires, got me brand new OEM floor mats which were $180, just because i wanted new ones and not 3 yr old dirty feet mats. Got me an additional keyless fob programmed, which was about a $200-300 deal. Got me the windows tinted. So i dont know how ya'll buy cars but when i do i go for the best DEAL i can get, not the best CAR i can get at the time. I could have taken my wallet to the nearest BMW, Audi, Jaguar and gotten a much better car as has been pointed out to exhaustion. But i went with a car that i liked, was loaded to the sky, AND got a great deal.

So once again... 4yr ownership= $0.00 spent in repairs.

If you really think you won't spend any money on that car in 4 years you are smoking some good stuff man. You will need to do brakes, tires, battery, fluids and many other things that have nothing to do with warranty. And with all that technology in the MKS something is bound to fail that won't be covered.

You did not find the holy grail....stop acting holier than thou. And when I get home from work ill reply to the other thread.

Wow. Really? Thats the same reason my buddy went and spent $45 thousand on a used 08 Acura TL-S 3 years ago. He said "I spent the extra to avoid repairs". Now, that cars worth $16 thousand, and he basically pissed away $29 thousand in 3 years. Just to have some reliability.

I spent $6500 on a used 05 LS. I doubt ill spend $29 thousand on repairs in 3 years ;)

What did you spend on your MKS, if you dont mind my asking?

:N

If you really think you won't spend any money on that car in 4 years you are smoking some good stuff man. You will need to do brakes, tires, battery, fluids and many other things that have nothing to do with warranty. And with all that technology in the MKS something is bound to fail that won't be covered.

You did not find the holy grail....stop acting holier than thou. And when I get home from work ill reply to the other thread.

Sorry, you are wrong. Actually not entirely. I will need to do brakes and tires and maybe a battery. But i didnt say that, i said REPAIRS. Yes i'll need to spend money on some maintenance but i do get free oil changes and other fluid replacements in my package. But i wont spend a dime on REPAIRS. And yes that includes all the technology that the MKS has that WILL be covered. Didnt find the holy grail but i do know how to buy a car and got one hell of a deal. And its all it writing. And i have a great relationship with the dealership...sales, service, management. I'll be just fine.

Sorry if again your jealousy/envy is getting the best of you. But i am glad to see you acknowledge "All the technology that the MKS has". Your making strides.

Wow. Really? Thats the same reason my buddy went and spent $45 thousand on a used 08 Acura TL-S 3 years ago. He said "I spent the extra to avoid repairs". Now, that cars worth $16 thousand, and he basically pissed away $29 thousand in 3 years. Just to have some reliability.

I spent $6500 on a used 05 LS. I doubt ill spend $29 thousand on repairs in 3 years ;)

What did you spend on your MKS, if you dont mind my asking?

:N

Guess your not getting the point. I didnt PAY for the extra warranty i still have 20k miles of factory bumper-bumper warranty, then my "package" warranty takes over. It was part of my sale written in at zero cost, as was the floor mats and key fob and tint. If your buddy did add it to the price and it screwed his value then he doesnt know how to negotiate a sale.

You spent $6500 on a used 05 LS. Thats great, less than what the insurance valued mine at, got a check for $7144 and that was after my deductible was figured in. You wont spend $29k in repairs but i'll bet you my house you will be spending a pretty decent amount the longer you keep it and the older it gets.

As far as what i paid....I put $4k of the $7144 that i got from my insurance down, so i pocketed $3144. The sales price got written up around $19k and after taxes and all that nonsense i financed $16k at 3.5% interest for 4 yrs. Pretty decent deal for a car that was three years old with 29k miles and had an original sticker price of $45k. And the dealer looked it up for me, the car was leased to an old man down in West Palm Beach who turned it in after his 3yr lease was up. All records are there in Oasis to show it was well taken care of.

So :N to you to.

Guess your not getting the point.

Actually Fla02LS, you're not getting the point so let me on behalf of everyone/many here, explain it to you clearly ...

TAKE YOUR F*CKING MKS BULLSH*T ELSEWHERE !!!

This is the LS side of the forum, and this thread in this LS section is about "Why do you like this car?"

they are discussing the LS ... not your MKS (which from popular votes appears to be not favored by any other then you.)

Run along and find a MKS dedicated forum and share your ever so incredible stories with those.

You're pissing people off here with that MKS is better BS you spew.

Enough is enough

So :N to you to.
hahaha I like that you got a good sense of humor, hehehe :)

Another note, Ive had my 2002 since 2007, its got 162,000 miles, and here's what I've fixed That went wrong with the car (I'm not including the damage I did from the ditch, as that's not the cars fault, that's mine)

1 Bearing, 1 tie rod end, 1 Ball joint, clock spring, Rear window motor. ....
Total cost from all that is $1500.
And Ive been driving it for 5 (coming up to six) years and put 90,000 miles.

So DOUBLE :N :N To you!

Lets see what you spend on your MKS in 5 years ;)

Actually Fla02LS, you're not getting the point so let me on behalf of everyone/many here, explain it to you clearly ...

TAKE YOUR F*CKING MKS BULLSH*T ELSEWHERE !!!

This is the LS side of the forum, and this thread in this LS section is about "Why do you like this car?"

they are discussing the LS ... not your MKS (which from popular votes appears to be not favored by any other then you.)

Run along and find a MKS dedicated forum and share your ever so incredible stories with those.

You're pissing people off here with that MKS is better BS you spew.

Enough is enough

NO I WONT LEAVE..... SORRY YOU CANT AVOID READING THINGS YOU DONT LIKE. THE OP ASKED "WHY DO YOU LIKE THIS CAR" BECAUSE OF HIS REPAIR ISSUES. I RESPONDED AS A FORMER LS OWNER REGARDING MY EXPERIENCE WITH REPAIR ISSUES AND IT AGAIN GOT TURNED INTO A MKS PISSING CONTEST BY YOU PEOPLE.

Thank you.... Have a nice day :)

hahaha I like that you got a good sense of humor, hehehe :)

Another note, Ive had my 2002 since 2007, its got 162,000 miles, and here's what I've fixed That went wrong with the car (I'm not including the damage I did from the ditch, as that's not the cars fault, that's mine)

1 Bearing, 1 tie rod end, 1 Ball joint, clock spring, Rear window motor. ....
Total cost from all that is $1500.
And Ive been driving it for 5 (coming up to six) years and put 90,000 miles.

So DOUBLE :N :N To you!

Lets see what you spend on your MKS in 5 years ;)

Lucked out my man! Then you got some workers who were on the ball that day in the factory because my '05 had issue after issue. Some were entirely material related (degas bottle, dccv, all plastic coolant components, oil filter adapter). I may have the only LS that has had its "oil filter adapter" fail and spew oil, who knows. But some cazy things went on with my LS. And i wont even get into the coil issues. My LS had 187k miles when it got totaled. Thats alot of road time. Maybe its the Florida heat. Who knows.

Maybe its the Florida heat. Who knows.

Trust me, I'd take Florida Heat over Some of our Canadian Winters, Any day!! LOL Were talking -21 Celsius (sometimes we get down to -30 on Country areas north of Toronto).

You ever start a car in minus -21??? The cars engines wines and sounds like its biching at you for waking it up in these freezing ass temps. o_O

And we are 1 month away from those temps.. *shivers* ...

But ya, Heat might be an issue.. How hot did your LS get? Like where was the temperature gauge, Half way?

I'm sick of your MKS already and I've only been reading all about it for only the past two days since I got back.

Care to discuss anything positive, LS related with any of the members ?

I'm sick of your MKS already and I've only been reading all about it for only the past two days since I got back.

Care to discuss anything positive, LS related with any of the members ?

I havent seen anything recent regarding the LS and problems, its all "Screw the MKS and Fla02S". I have plenty of knowledge to share redarding the LS and my many years of ownership and experience's. But when i do respond to LS related threads just make sure to stare down at my sig so your "sickness" of my MKS will continue.

Im just saying... When RollinLS comes on and sees this... heads are gonna roll.. He doesn't like this sort of trash talk so edit your posts or something and leave it be...

Just sayin...

Please ...

I'm fully prepared to be banned over this, I'm as sick and tired as many others with respect to this MKS crap I have to filter through.

If the clean up includes me, so be it.

btw: how's your LS doing today ? I was happy to get back in mine after not being able to drive it for nearly two weeks. (out of town, very out of town) Needed a boost though, new battery still on that list.

Please ...

I'm fully prepared to be banned over this, I'm as sick and tired as many others with respect to this MKS crap I have to filter through.

If the clean up includes me, so be it.

btw: how's your LS doing today ? I was happy to get back in mine after not being able to drive it for nearly two weeks. (out of town, very out of town) Needed a boost though, new battery still on that list.

Dont filter thru it, please someone explain to him how to add someone to the ignore list.

Prepared to get banned because i totaled my LS and replaced it with a MKS? Sad. But do what ya gotta do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back