Why do you like this car?

Maxx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
An old guy ran over my bike in a parking lot a few years ago. Totaled it, not hard to do with a Harley. Anyway his insurance company gave me a loaner for a month and it was a brand new 2004 Lincoln LS V8, black with gray leather. It ran and sounded great. I vowed I would have one. I do and for the life of me I cannot figure out why I wanted this thing. It has had a myriad of issues from overheating, to overheating and even some overheating. I see this a lot, so I let it sit in the garage trying to keep some miles off it while I rode my bikes. Went to crank it today and all the electronics were screwed up and I have to assume because the battery was low. Why in the world would you want one of these?

Did it ever occur to you that having a shop fix your thermostat housing with a heli coil might be the problem for overheating, that causes more overheating that causes some more overheating?

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

WRXbXpKz

Mines for sale. Includes everything. GR+'s, 3 sets of wheels, Kenwood etc
$16,399

Test drove an XF, haha no. Nothing happened.

And I honestly couldn't tell ya why I'm selling. Because I don't even know anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised. lol
Selling the red one too? Or dad is keeping it?

No he's keeping it. And keeping the mileage down too. Which is good incase I ever want one after mine is gone and cant find one. I can just steal it back. Haha. It's still In my name. 04 only has 37k. Bought it a year ago this month with 32k

No he's keeping it. And keeping the mileage down too. Which is good incase I ever want one after mine is gone and cant find one. I can just steal it back. Haha. It's still In my name. 04 only has 37k. Bought it a year ago this month with 32k

Do you guys ever leave the house? I think I can get 5000 miles/year using it strictly as a grocery getter.

Do you guys ever leave the house? I think I can get 5000 miles/year using it strictly as a grocery getter.

Haha well he stores it nov-mid march. And we live 2 blocks from the grocery store. And most shopping/ restaurants Are within 2 miles of our house. And he does drive 35 miles to work but he only takes it maybe every other Friday lol. Other than that its just a date night car.

And I bought mine in November with 45 and I just hit 50 last week. My work is 3 blocks away and I've been driving the eclipse a lot this summer so yea haha. We don't really rack up all that many miles on ours.

tmoney-I hope its because you found a better 06 that you're going to buy.

To the op, how does a low battery make you not like you ls?

I hate my ls now because the engine doesn't run right if I dont put gas in it and If my tires are flat and to the wires, it is unstable and harsh over bumps.

I love my LS because she looks absolutely gorgeous, most other people think so too, and when cars pull up next to her on the freeway I can bury the pedal and leave them wondering what it was.

I love my LS because the look is timeless.. When people who don't know about the LS ask about my car, they think it's no more than 5 years old. But I drive a 1st Gen. The look just never gets old, they're beautiful.

I hate the costly problems, but lets be honest. It has 176k miles on. What more can I expect? Things are going to happen and have to get fixed when your mileage starts racking up. I do plan to get another car as soon as I can though, but keeping my LS too

@ op.....put a floating charger on that thing the next time you let it sit for an extended period of time. Definitely worth it to help extend the battery life.

Members online

No members online now.
Back