who is gonna be first??? :)

Give me $7000, Ill do it!
Thats not near enough. First you will need the new harness and that will be a good $500. Then you will need the new computer and try to find someone that can heavily modify the code. You will prolly have to run dual computers to keep the cars other stuff working. It would take a crap ton of work and would prolly work better if you also installed the new 6 speed auto.

then you gotta figure out how to run the power steering.............
Couldnt adapt the electronic steering..... well you could but it would be redonculously expensive. The sensors and stuff are designed for a completly different suspension design and travel.
Thats another thing, stability and traction controll would be a thing of the past.

What makes the new motor hard to swap is its variable cam timing. You could use a Marks computer if it were not for the cam timing issue.

I read on another board that Ford would be offering a complete kit with everything needed, but from what I remember the price is insane.

I read on another board that Ford would be offering a complete kit with everything needed, but from what I remember the price is insane.

yes i read an articale on that. the full dressed engine will be 7G's and then ford will offer a stand alone comp system to run the moter with all the wireing needed for another 1500. also they will sell a power steering pully and pump that will bolt up to the 5.0 for another 500.
i will do this swap in like 3ish years when u can pick up a moter out of a wreaked gt for like 2 or 3G's

article

http://blogs.mustangandfords.com/6609883/ford-news/ford-racing-to-offer-2011-50l-engine/index.html

Not I. These days you can cram enough boost into any motor to have just about as much power as you want (especially a 4v,) so the only reason to swap the 'new 5.0' is to say you did it.

Well according to half the people on Craigslist. All of our cars came with 5.0's, so it should be easy right?......I wish, it would be neat to say you have a real 5.0 under the hood, if it even fits between the towers and under the bonnet.

Anybody who can truly afford this will just buy the damn mustang to start with, I can't see anytime soon that one of these make it in to an MN12.

Members online

No members online now.
Back