Which HID Kit for Gen 1?

anryu451

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for the 9006 HID kit for the Delrin HID adapters (got a set of factory HID housings). Going in a 1995 Mark VIII for a halogen conversion.

I know I need a relay kit, and I'm torn between VVME and DDM Tuning.

Note: DDM Tuning has the bulb out cancellation module, does it work? Does the relay kit allow the lowbeams to stay on while the halogen high beams are on?

I went with DDM tuning. just be prepaird to wait a couple of weeks becuase there is a high chance it will drop ship out of china. as for your other questions im not sure what a bulb out cancellation module is. and when i use the high beams on my car both of them stay on.

you don't need the relay kit or bulb cancel things per se. but i suggest a relay kit.

the cancellers work for some, not for others.

yes, the point of the relays is to get direct battery power, and run the highs and lows at the same time.

VVME and DDM both seem to be good brands. i have had decent luck with DDM. i run DDM lows and highs in my car. 0 issues. they have ignited every single time. been over 2 years.
our truck has one DDM ballasts that occasionally doesn't ignite cold. one taurus had a DDM ballast go wonky. the other taurus has also had no issues with DDM. both headlights, and in the fogs.

i tried xentec, had bad luck. both ballasts failed.

never tried VVME, but i have heard similar feedback to DDM.

FWIW, VVME probably has faster shipping. DDM can be slow.

Works for some but not others, would you mind elaborating if possible? =P

you don't need the relay kit or bulb cancel things per se. but i suggest a relay kit.

the cancellers work for some, not for others.

yes, the point of the relays is to get direct battery power, and run the highs and lows at the same time.

VVME and DDM both seem to be good brands. i have had decent luck with DDM. i run DDM lows and highs in my car. 0 issues. they have ignited every single time. been over 2 years.
our truck has one DDM ballasts that occasionally doesn't ignite cold. one taurus had a DDM ballast go wonky. the other taurus has also had no issues with DDM. both headlights, and in the fogs.

i tried xentec, had bad luck. both ballasts failed.

never tried VVME, but i have heard similar feedback to DDM.

Works for some but not others, would you mind elaborating if possible? =P

some people don't have error messages.

some people have error messages, and the bulb things fix it.

some people have error messages, and the bulb things don't fix it.

personally, i just cut the headlight out warning wire.

I have the VVME kit in mine, works great. Only prob is that the passenger side headlight doesn't always come on first try. :(
I haven't figured out what causes that, sometimes I have to switch them off and back on again. Kinda semi-annoying.

I have VVMEs kit in my LSC lenses, no problems, been in a year now, don't have a relay kit and works just fine..some people suggest it..your decision though. Mine trigger the headlamp out message. I don't know why people find this to be such a big deal, I have yet to dive under the dash to cut the wire but I just live with it and press the reset button on the dash right away and its out until the next time you restart the car..simple. DDM..VVME theyre all the same..If I were you I would figure out which brightness bulb you want.

Look up k9t8m. He is selling housings and a DDM kit.

I sell HIDs for a living just make sure your getting a AC kit and not a DC kit and your good to go

DDM is too slow for me. Can't speak for VVME because I never ordered from them. I kinda built up my own HID kit. All eBay buying. Slim ballasts from one seller, bulbs from another seller and got the stuff within 3 days. Have had Zentec before in the 94 I had and they worked fine but didn't ignite on every first turn on but no relay kit was on that car. I have one on the 95 and they ignite every time. I highly recommend a relay kit for any Gen 1, especially if you'll have two kits. I wouldn't have a Gen 1 without 2 HID kits to be honest. Don't ever want a halogen bulb in my housings for no reason.

recently bought VVME..very quick shipping...yet to instal b/c I'm waiting to clean up a pair of lenses/housings I just bought
...btw, should I: cut or melt the lenses off? what reflective material should I resurface the inside of the buckets with?

recently bought VVME..very quick shipping...yet to instal b/c I'm waiting to clean up a pair of lenses/housings I just bought
...btw, should I: cut or melt the lenses off? what reflective material should I resurface the inside of the buckets with?

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=364151&postcount=6[/URL]

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Trimbrite-T1818-Chrome-Brite-60/dp/B00029XBJ6[/URL]

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=524926&postcount=194[/URL]

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=524927&postcount=195[/URL]

wow thats insane. 72 peices. why cant ya just stick the tape on and call it a day. meh mine arnt to bad but it would be nice to crack em open clean the inside lenses and rechrome the crap out of em. maybe instead of chrome use really thin real mirror :)

why is there a square opening in the lens? is that the original access? or were the entire plastic lenses pulled away to resurface the insides??

that doesnt make sense why he would cut the chrome tape in to little vertical slivers for the back of the reflector..why not just lay the tape out and flatten it against the back of the reflector nicely and trim the corners and edges with an xacto knife?...putting in all of those individual pieces HAS to be a pain in the ass?!?!

someone suggested using lightwieight, brown floor-protection type paper to make the templates (one piece per compartment) then laying out the Trimbrite and smoothing/burnishing it with a heat gun in the compartments...I just rec'd two pairs of used lights in the mail today...one in EXCELLENT shape...ready to go in with the VVME HID; the other pair a fixxer-upper no doubt...TBD

Members online

Back