Which headlight once and for all?

HopefulAcres

LVC Member
Reaction score
Passenger headlight went out so what now? Which lights are legal? I live a small community so the cops LOVE handing out tickets since there is little else to do. I have searched here and online and now I have a massive migraine.

The only bulb legal for your factory reflector is whatever bulb type the car came with. If it came with a HID bulb, then the only legal replacement is another HID bulb of the same type.

The only bulb legal for your factory reflector is whatever bulb type the car came with. If it came with a HID bulb, then the only legal replacement is another HID bulb of the same type.
Since Lincoln doesn't make that exact bulb anymore where do I find it? All I see online are halogen or LED.

I don't know that you have any other DOT approved options other than:
1. Used HID-9500 bulbs on ebay.
2. Ford halogen retrofit kit for the VIII.

Passenger headlight went out so what now? Which lights are legal? I live a small community so the cops LOVE handing out tickets since there is little else to do. I have searched here and online and now I have a massive migraine.
If you are referring to our Lincoln Mark VIIs produced from 1984 to 1992, they left the factory with series 9004 halogen bulbs.
They are readily available over the counter from your local AdvanceNapaO'rielyZone.
PL_9004B1_Fro__ra_p.jpg

If you are referring to our Lincoln Mark VIIs produced from 1984 to 1992, they left the factory with series 9004 halogen bulbs.
They are readily available over the counter from your local AdvanceNapaO'rielyZone.
I assumed he was referring to the Mark VIII, which only came with DC HIDs. It's very hard to find bulbs for that car, since they are no longer made. If it really is the Mark VII, then there's no reason for the question since those bulbs are everywhere.

It's all good.
The cool thing about LVC is that we're here to play with cars so, "220, 221. Whatever it takes."

Thanks for keeping a Classic Lincoln on the road!

Members online

No members online now.
Back