which gun should I get next?

flowmaster02

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Having some trouble deciding which gun I should get next. I was looking to get a semi-auto 12 gauge or a 9mm. Keep in mind that I already have a 7mm Remington 770, 22lr Savage Arms, 12 gauge pump Charles Daily, and a 45 A.C.P Springfield Armory. Oh yea I live in California so there are some ridiculous gun laws so I can't get anything too crazy.

They are entirely different weapons.
That's like asking if you should buy a new parachute or a row boat.
It all depends on what you want to do with it.

They are entirely different weapons.
That's like asking if you should buy a new parachute or a row boat.
It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Either one it is just to have some fun with do to the fact that the ammo is cheap.

backward_gun.png

JK :D

I have the SA XDM 9mm and love it....... you would know having the SA45... what model do you have the XDM is a huge difference from the xd

If I were in the market for a 9mm right now, I'd be looking for a Colt Combat Commander, a Walther P99, or maybe an HK P7M8. Of course, I'd more likely be looking for a Colt Delta Elite (10mm); I never should've sold off the one I had...

The XDM is basically an improved XD. It will run $100-$200 more than the XD depending on where you get it.
upgrades for XDM:

1. The XDM has a better quality match grade barrel (more accurate)
2. You can change the back strap on the grip for variation in grip size
3. Has better recoil system (heavy duty guide rod spring)
4. Has striker status indicator (to verify weapon is cocked)- may have this on origional XD, but not certain
5. Has a MRT (minimal reset trigger) similar to sig's SRT (short reset trigger)- this is a great improvement for follow up shots.
6. Deeper, longer slide grasp serrations for grip
7. More texture on polymer frame for better grip and control.
8. 16 rd. mag vs. 12 rds in the original service model XD .40
9. 19+1 Rounds for the 9mm XDM

Either way, improved or not, I'd never own one.

If I were in the market for a 9mm right now, I'd be looking for a Colt Combat Commander, a Walther P99, or maybe an HK P7M8. Of course, I'd more likely be looking for a Colt Delta Elite (10mm); I never should've sold off the one I had...

Awesome, 10mm are my faves, I wish I never got rid of my Glock 20C. I might sell my XD in .357 sig since 10mm ammo is cheaper than .357 sig these days. Those Delta Elites are some gorgeous high dollar guns, too bad you sold it.

And you need a concrete flash suppressor for a home defense shotgun... why, again?

And what's with the quadruple rails? What on EARTH could you need to mount on a scatter gun that needs so many rails? Laser illuminator? IR Illuminator? Maybe a range calculator and a couple of nice tactical lights?

I'm not even going to touch the cutesy sight reticle.

Sadly, these are the things that differentiate an amateur from say, a professional... All the unnecessary "accessories". Sure, a pro will have accessories on their primary and secondary, but most of the time they are mission specific. No extra stuff.

Hell, in that case... go with something like this. :lol:

ultimateweapon5vw.jpg

And you need a concrete flash suppressor for a home defense shotgun... why, again?

And what's with the quadruple rails? What on EARTH could you need to mount on a scatter gun that needs so many rails? Laser illuminator? IR Illuminator? Maybe a range calculator and a couple of nice tactical lights?

I'm not even going to touch the cutesy sight reticle.

Sadly, these are the things that differentiate an amateur from say, a professional... All the unnecessary "accessories". Sure, a pro will have accessories on their primary and secondary, but most of the time they are mission specific. No extra stuff.

You beat me to it...thanks. That shotgun is completely gamered-out, and none of it makes any sense. It makes it harder to handle like that. I will take my shotgun bare, thank you! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back