Which coil spring conversion should I buy?

Dougviii

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the air suspension working correctly, I found a broken ride height sensor mount fixed it and now the car sits level, it seems to add air and vent air when necessary but it's still rides like an old one ton truck, so I guess I'm going to go ahead and convert it to coil springs but which brand do I buy? I found four or five different kits, Strutmasters looks good but I found a bunch of bad comments regarding product and customer service. I would appreciate advice from anyone with information on they're experience with any of the kits available,

I have the air suspension working correctly, I found a broken ride height sensor mount fixed it and now the car sits level, it seems to add air and vent air when necessary but it's still rides like an old one ton truck, so I guess I'm going to go ahead and convert it to coil springs but which brand do I buy? I found four or five different kits, Strutmasters looks good but I found a bunch of bad comments regarding product and customer service. I would appreciate advice from anyone with information on they're experience with any of the kits available,
Arnott is the co. I slightly prefer becuause although strut. M is good, some say the service on the phone is lacking in help.

I would find a M8 with coil springs and take it for a test drive. I do not think you will find any coil spring set up that rides nicer than the stock air system.

Have you checked your back shock mounts? Mine went and my M8 rides much rougher now and it makes sense, with two of the four shock mounts gone.

I've put a couple hundred miles on my car this week and as far as I can tell the only problem is the 30 and 40 year old concrete interstate and toll road that I drove on and I noticed most of the other vehicles we're also being Jarred pretty hard by the worn-out pavement other than that the car seems to be riding great !

... but it's still rides like an old one ton truck...

It's not the air suspension, it's the worn out suspension bushings and shocks(front/rear). If the bags hold air, they are better than coil springs - it's the other suspension components you need to concentrate on!

I agree, Now that I have the air ride working correctly, it needs shocks, everything else is good but with 124k miles , how long before I have other air ride problems?

I really like the idea of the one-time fix of a coil spring conversion but that's assuming it would ride at least as well as all of the other coil spring vehicles that have been built

Mine does also until the entire system quit. I am going to fix it before I give up and go to springs.

Oops, I was trying to say read my other post and you'll see I'll soon be converting mine to coils, which also means there will be free air ride parts available

Did you change over to springs and now have some air parts for sale?

Did you change over to springs now and have air parts for sale?

Im halfway done, I did the rear and was waiting on delivery of a proportioning valve before I did the front I figured it would be easiest to pull that inner fender and repair the proportioning valve at the same time I'm installing the front spring conversion struts, I'm planning on doing that this weekend and any of the parts you may need are free if you want them otherwise they're going in the trash, I know you don't want anything to do with the rear airbags they were leaking and the front struts hold Air but are stiff as a board, you're welcome to anything else I remove. Doug

Members online

No members online now.
Back