Where to get HID lights?

shstony831

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to put HID lights on my 04 lincoln ls v6 that currently has the stock lights. I would light to replace the low beams first if possible or maybe all at once. I was wondering where is the best place to get them?

You could also look for the stock hid lights....maybe find a wrecked one that has em.

I'm looking to put HID lights on my 04 lincoln ls v6 that currently has the stock lights. I would light to replace the low beams first if possible or maybe all at once. I was wondering where is the best place to get them?

i found a kid on cl selling kits i payed like 50 bucks for them and he fixes w.e goes wrong with them ballasts etc.. that i think is easier then ordering offline at least the person will be local ya kno

as someone else stated ddmtuning.com, that is where I got them for my 04 V6

I would not recommend HIDs for the high beams however since HIDs need a few seconds to warm up to be at full power, and by the time they warm up you usually do not need them. To get them matching in color there are other solutions such as this : http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

but that is totally up to you ;)

as someone else stated ddmtuning.com, that is where I got them for my 04 V6

I would not recommend HIDs for the high beams however since HIDs need a few seconds to warm up to be at full power, and by the time they warm up you usually do not need them. To get them matching in color there are other solutions such as this : http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

but that is totally up to you ;)

in 2nd gens highs and lows are on at the same time soo youll still have lights while the highs are heating up

What bulb would fit in the low beam? I can't find D2R as an option on DDM, so are D2R bulbs the same as another type of bulb? I know highs-H11 and fogs-H10

What bulb would fit in the low beam? I can't find D2R as an option on DDM, so are D2R bulbs the same as another type of bulb? I know highs-H11 and fogs-H10

there on there they are 15.00 extra. also where in jersey you from bro

if you have DR2's then you already have HID's

if you just have the halogens, then your bulb will be a different model number depending on which year your LS is.

...or you could support a vendor who supports LvC, and talk to Ken at LSKoncepts; that's what I did. See the banner ad on the right side of the forum. ==>

if you have DR2's then you already have HID's

if you just have the halogens, then your bulb will be a different model number depending on which year your LS is.

Are DR2 and D2R the same type of bulb? I have an 04' V6, same as OP with the halogens. If they are the same thing that means I should buy 9006's for low beams? I'm clueless with this stuff.

...or you could support a vendor who supports LvC, and talk to Ken at LSKoncepts; that's what I did. See the banner ad on the right side of the forum. ==>

i have bought stuff from LSK before, but i have a hard time spending $170, $290, or $370 for one of his kits when a DDM kit can be had for $30

i have bought stuff from LSK before, but i have a hard time spending $170, $290, or $370 for one of his kits when a DDM kit can be had for $30

True, but Ive had mine(digital kit) for about 5 years and no problems. I went the cheap ebay route for the fogs and they lasted about a year.

yea but my $40 kit has a life time warranty, so if and when something does have a problem it will be fixed for free

D2R? Those won't fit.

You need H11 for your low beams.

are you scrolling down in the bulb type box, because i have no problem seeing D2R (which as mentioned above does add $15) but why do you need a D2R bulb?

Douche at Pep Boys said I needed a D2R bulb for either the fogs, highs, or lows. Don't remember which ones. Doesn't matter though because I listened to you guys and just bought 10k 35w H11's (slim ballasts) on DDM. Can't wait to get em!

D2r bulb are stock hid bulbs. The harness on the stock hid headlights will accept d2r bulbs only. Seeing as you wrote that you are clueless with this stuff, are you sure you know what 10k hids look like? You know that the higher you go past 5000k the less visibility you'll have with those lights right?

D2r bulb are stock hid bulbs. The harness on the stock hid headlights will accept d2r bulbs only. Seeing as you wrote that you are clueless with this stuff, are you sure you know what 10k hids look like? You know that the higher you go past 5000k the less visibility you'll have with those lights right?

Clueless when it comes to the installation. Yes, I know what 10k hids look like. Yes, I know more kelvins equals less visibility. I have better than perfect vision and I'm not worried about it at all. Call me ignorant.

just making sure. Installation is easy on plug and play kits. Pretty self explanitory once you get in there

just making sure. Installation is easy on plug and play kits. Pretty self explanitory once you get in there

Getting in there seems to be the hard part. This car intimidates me through my friends' words when they say that "getting in there" seems like a bitch when they look at my car, so I'm afraid to even try anything myself. I really regret not having much mechanical knowledge right now, but I'm young so I have a lot of time to learn. Really want to figure out how to change those coils myself because I've had the car for two months and two coils already went bad on me. Damn dealership! But like most will say, the car drives like a dream. Sorry about going off topic.

Really want to figure out how to change those coils myself

its about as simple as it gets, remove eight 7mm bolts holding covers on and remove, then remove one 7mm bolt holding each coil on, then unplug harness to coil, then pull out. its actually easier than changing oil, but its slightly harder than adding washer fluid.

Members online

No members online now.
Back