Where to get HID lights?

Yes, I know what 10k hids look like.

well just be careful, since aftermarket HIDs are illegal, lights that blue and purple in color will definitely stick out and get unwanted attention from the boys in blue.

two dumb@sses, that i work with already got pulled over this year for their headlights like that(one had 10k and the other had something stupid like 14K), maybe in your neck of the woods you'll have better luck.

I still dont see why people want to make it so obvious that they have modified headlights.

You can go up to 5000K and still look legal as long as they are aimed correctly. Especially with the type of vehicle that we have.

well just be careful, since aftermarket HIDs are illegal, lights that blue and purple in color will definitely stick out and get unwanted attention from the boys in blue.

two dumb@sses, that i work with already got pulled over this year for their headlights like that(one had 10k and the other had something stupid like 14K), maybe in your neck of the woods you'll have better luck.

Yeah my town is known for the :q:q:q:q:q:q:q cops, but my friend has had cheap hids for a while now that are retarded blue and he hasn't had trouble with them yet.

I still dont see why people want to make it so obvious that they have modified headlights.

You can go up to 5000K and still look legal as long as they are aimed correctly. Especially with the type of vehicle that we have.

Well, my LS is silver and figured some blue would blend nicely with the silver. Worse comes to worse I'll get another set with lower kelvins, not a big deal.

I like the blue look when its done properly.

I think you could go very blue on the fogs as those are down low. cops mianly care about your normal driving lights. But i think it looks better when they all match.

You can go up to 5000K and still look legal as long as they are aimed correctly.
i have 5K now and its borderline, i want my car to look like it has all the factory options, anything higher just looks like it belongs on a honda or something like that IMHO.

Yeah lol

I hate when i see a civic with loud exhaust and crappy unaimed hids. And its even funnier when he tries to pass me and i accelerate and leave it in the dust.

i have 5K now and its borderline, i want my car to look like it has all the factory options, anything higher just looks like it belongs on a honda or something like that IMHO.

I went with 6k and got the 55watt option so it lost some color so it looks factory, more of a silvery blueish color

I guess I might as well return the 10k's when I get them because I forgot to get the adaptor cables anyway. Also don't want to be mistaken for a ricer. Guess I'll go with 6k 55w for the sleeker factory look. Could I tell the FedEx guy to bring it back when he drops it off? I never returned anything through the mail...

Every vendor has its own policies regarding returns, so you need to talk to them about how it needs to be handled. You can refuse delivery, but that's not really the correct way to handle it, and it could cost you--f'rinstance, the vendor could treat that as a return that's subject to a restocking fee, instead of an exchange that might not be. Most vendors are willing to work with you on an exchange, particularly if the merchandise hasn't been opened.

I guess I might as well return the 10k's when I get them because I forgot to get the adaptor cables anyway. Also don't want to be mistaken for a ricer. Guess I'll go with 6k 55w for the sleeker factory look. Could I tell the FedEx guy to bring it back when he drops it off? I never returned anything through the mail...

no I think you need to contact them directly. Ask if you can exchange for a different color, then you will have to ship it back to them.

P9230006.jpg

here is a pic of mine 6k with 55 watt

the fogs are LED... looks kind of off in this pic but looking at them in person they match perfectly

They look good. Are you using projectors?

Will I need to get the adaptor cables too when I order the 6k's?

nope stock headlights

If you buy the HID kit it comes with the cables and the ballast... the only thing you will need to do is drill a hole in the assembly if you have a Gen 2 so the cable can plug in then seal it up.

does the 04 come stock with hid when i changed my bulbs the headlight assbley had the listing for regular bulbs and hid and i knotice on the inside they have a mother board inside of them does that mean its hid capable

private msg me please with a answer that way i know someone replyed

HIDs were a factory option on the '04s; to switch to factory HIDs you have to swap out the entire headlamp assembly--the HIDs have a ballast that's not present on the halogens, and the reflectors are different. There's also something you have to do to the connector, but I'm not sure what it is.

What mother board are you talking about? It's not the circuit board behind the amber lense is it?

What mother board are you talking about? It's not the circuit board behind the amber lense is it?

it was right there behind the cover u got to take out to replace the bulbs
and my plug in is a all in one plug for the 3 lights in the headlight

So I didn't need to buy the adaptor cables when I bought the slim ballasts set right? I'm about to ship out the 10k 35w bulbs/ballasts I originally ordered in exchange for the 6k 55w's. I just want to make sure that all I'll need are the ballasts and bulbs. I also got the wiring harness.

i also got the bulb out warning eliminators, not sure if they are necessary, but i didn't want to take the chance

When I first turned the HIDs on I got the bulb out in the message center but when I turned it off and back on they never came back on

A few questions that I am unsure about. I have a 2000 LS. I am more interested in the lighting than the color or looks. I want to see better. I'm looking at purchasing them from DDMTuning.

What is the difference between the 35w and 55w?

I was going to go with the 4500K, will 5000K provide better lighting?

Do I need to order the HID Harness or Adapter Cables?

Anything else I need to know before I order?

Thanks!

I would go with 55w for low beams and 35w for the fogs both at 5K.

A few questions that I am unsure about. I have a 2000 LS. I am more interested in the lighting than the color or looks. I want to see better. I'm looking at purchasing them from DDMTuning.

Do I need to order the HID Harness or Adapter Cables?

Anything else I need to know before I order?

Thanks!

higher wattage causes some color loss, if you look at my picture above thats 6k@55 watt

This is more for Alax and Andrizz.

I went ahead and ordered some 6K bulbs to see how they will look with the ümnitza's. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them if they look worthwhile.

its like the same difference between a 30w light bulb and a 60Wlight bulb for your house, the higher the wattage, the brighter the bulb. but too high of a wattage, could have way too much glare

4500K, is real close to pure white (the best output with the most visible light) ant thing higher will be more and more blue'er you go the less and less visible light that is being produced.

Members online

No members online now.
Back