where to get cooling fan motor

sprocket

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I hope I can get some help! My 98 LSC had a burnt wiring connector to the radiator fan. I've tried cleaning it up and it works intermediately. Sometimes I can wiggle the plug and it will start to run. I read info from an ebay seller (who has the wrong connector) that I need a new fan motor or a new connector will just get burnt again. I was hoping to just replace the connector, but it has two wires, not three and I can't find the connector anywhere. He makes it sound like I need a new fan motor too. But I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get those parts or have any advice as to what I can do? Thanks!

If your looking for a 98 fan motor you won't find one......Last year I replaced my fan motor with one that was for 93/96 Marks.....Before I bought it I checked all the attachments and the clocking of the plug.....There was absolutely no physical difference......Bought it, installed it and never looked back. No over heating no nothing... Use one from the 93/96..... If you go to Siemens PM 9032 on google it will show the motor you need.......Or AC Delco 1580435.....or punch in Stockwise.com Four Seasons cooling fan 75717......Hopes this helps

I hope I can get some help! My 98 LSC had a burnt wiring connector to the radiator fan. I've tried cleaning it up and it works intermediately. Sometimes I can wiggle the plug and it will start to run. I read info from an ebay seller (who has the wrong connector) that I need a new fan motor or a new connector will just get burnt again. I was hoping to just replace the connector, but it has two wires, not three and I can't find the connector anywhere. He makes it sound like I need a new fan motor too. But I can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get those parts or have any advice as to what I can do? Thanks!
I got one for my 96 at Rock Auto last year. I'd suggest getting a new connector too. They are attached to the fan housing with steel rivets that you'll have to drill out and replaced with bolts and lock washers. ( or at least my 96 was).

Thank you for the replies! Jeez, my email notifications went to junk. So finally, I'm back.

So does it matter that my fan motor only has two wires and the suggested replacements have 3? What do I do with the extra wire? If I'm splicing in a new connector, I will be one wire short.
Oh, and after cleaning up the connectors, sanding them clean and bending one prong, it has been working without issues. I don't know how long it will last though.

I got mine from rockauto also, and have no complaints.

I'm reviving this thread after getting my Mark out of winter storage. I'm still wondering what to do about being one wire short. My fan motor has two wires, not three. I can find no two wire replacement.

From what I'v read, two of the 3 are joined inside the motor housing. These fans are supposed to be temp regulated via the AC line pressure. Not the actual engine temp. The additional wire is simply for an additional temp input sensor. The 2 wire motors are only one sensor input. The 3 wire fans have 2 of them joined inside. If you put power to one or the other makes no difference.

If you uncover the wiring harness on your Mark VIII, you will find one wire terminates to nothing. So basically you have 2 wires going to the fan motor. One is a variable positive voltage from 50% to 100% battery voltage from the VCRM while the other is a ground. The last fan motor I replaced actually had no harness plug, just a 2-wire pigtail which I connected to the stock wires with butt connectors after removing the harness plug.

Members online

Back