Where to buy front stabilizer bar bushings?

jimpap

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an 01 LS and have a front end clunking sound that I am pretty sure it's the bushings. I replaced the links and the noise seems better but still there. I have repeatedly checked the front end and everything seems tight and the swaybar bushings look ok but I feel that is the next thing that should be replaced. I don't see any aftermarket for the bushings so is Ford the only place to get them?

Fcp euro part xr819697 you do need to order 2 even though picture shows 2. They will be a tight fit they are listed as jaguar.

Ok so I have the non sport. Does that mean my only option is to replace the bar?

Ok so I have the non sport. Does that mean my only option is to replace the bar?

You can upgrade to the sport bar with bushings already installed. Or you can order new bushings from Energy. There's a thread that contains both part numbers for the Sport and Non-Sport bars. They are different sizes.

I have been searching for about an hour and can not find a thread with the sport bar part numbers. I called ford and got a quote of $136 for the new bar with bushings but if I am replacing the bar I just assume to upgrade to the sport bar. Anyone have that part number? Also my LS is the 3.0 V6 if that makes a difference.

are you also going to replace the rear bar with the sport bar?

... order new bushings from Energy. There's a thread that contains both part numbers for the Sport and Non-Sport bars. They are different sizes.

Keeping in mind -

those Universal Bushings from ES are too narrow and will end up causing the swaybar to sliding side to side by an inch.

(been there, done that, still have the t-shirt)

Energy Suspension Bushing Note -

Quote Originally Posted by BigRigLS View Post

Color

Energy Suspension makes parts in 2 colors. Red and Black.

How are these two colors different?

The only difference between the red and black parts is that most Black Energy
Suspension parts are Graphite Impregnated. This serves to help self lubricate
the bushings. The Red parts do not have this characteristic.

Aside from the actual color and the lack of being Graphite Impregnated
- the red parts are essentially the same as the black.

I thought that the RED parts were harder and more performance oriented?

This is a common misconception. The red parts have the same durometer (hardness) as
the Black parts and differ only in their actual appearance (color) and the fact that
they're NOT graphite impregnated like the Black parts.

Why do people buy the red parts when they're not Graphite Impregnated like the Black parts?

In the end this is really because some people simply like the color Red more than Black.

Keeping in mind -

those Universal Bushings from ES are too narrow and will end up causing the swaybar to sliding side to side by an inch.

(been there, done that, still have the t-shirt)

attachment.jpg

Removed the Universal Energy Suspension bracket and bushings as they are not a good fit.

attachment.jpg

Replaced with original brackets and REIN Jaguar bushings.

attachment.jpg

Fits like OEM. Bolt near the DCCV was a PITA again!

^ 1[SUP]st[/SUP] GEN V8 only.​

I don't have any plans to upgrade the rear bar until I need to replace those bushings. I don't plan to track the car so I doubt it will affect handling during normal everyday driving.

I found the part number. I appreciate everyone's help. For anyone looking the part number is 3W4Z5482BA. I found a few on ebay for about $127 which is the same as my price at cost from Ford.

No need to be an ass. I did google and search the forum but after about 45min and not finding the part number I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Oh calm down silly goose. Dont take the internetz so seriously

Well I replaced the front stabilizer bar yesterday and it was a big PITA. I searched and never found a good write up on how to do this and I am a mechanic and found this job to be very difficult. There just isn't enough room to get the bar out and back in without a lot of swearing and beer lol. I found getting at the bolts was very easy had them out in about 15 min.

LOL and I am NOT a mechanic and my mechanic friend and I did this job twice over in less then a couple of hours WITH beer!
Mind ya, we only did the brackets and bushings.

anyhow ... good job and please don't bite the hand that feeds ya! G was showing you plenty of sample threads on the subject. (LMGTFY is used for fun)

The brackets and bushings shouldn't take much more than an hour, 2 hours tops. The hardest part was trying to get the bar out and the new one in. I fealt that if I removed the driver lower control arm it might have made things a little easier.

Members online

Back