Where is Cyl. #1, 2000 Linc LS V6 (V6,V6,V6)

2000LincLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I need to replace the #1 cylinder Ignition Coil on my V6 Lincoln LS. I am really hoping that it is the side that I do not have to remove the intake. I have removed the black plastic cover on top of the engine and see 3 Coils. Is the first coil in line #1 on this side? Please let me know which cylinder is #1. (Standing in front of car) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Its the first passenger one.. From what the tech told me.

Drivers Front Passenger Front
5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4
Windshield Windshield

--EDIT: Just knowticed you said V6.. I posted for an 8.. I unfortunatly, dont know about a V6..

Last edited:
It's the same pattern. Cylinder 1 is on the passenger side at the front of the car.

Ya ur right its in the front

how is firing order and cyclinder numbers different tho,

cyclinder #1 fires first, making it #1 in the firing order

unless theres some sort of weird order i could be wrong tho

Chris

how is firing order and cyclinder numbers different tho,
cyclinder #1 fires first, making it #1 in the firing order
Firing order and cylinder order are two completely separate concepts. Cylinder order notes the physical location of the cylinder; firing order tells you when the spark plug in each cylinder fires. The cylinders are numbered sequentially, but the firing order does not follow the cylinder numbering order. For example, the firing order for the Ford 289/302/5.0(*) is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8.

*The 5.0 HO used the 351W firing order of 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 because the sequential firing of both front cylinders in the 5.0 HO had a tendency to snap the crank.

FWIW, the firing order for the 3.9 is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8, per AllData.

o0o ya i get that alright nvm my comment.

but according to my repsonce i said #1 fires first.. lol not saying that it fires numericly tho

Chris

so that it's clear....

Rear of engine (cowl)
3 6
2 5
1 4
Front of engine (grille)

Members online

No members online now.
Back